Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Watt's Up or EZ-Meter  (Read 4367 times)
AD0GI

Ignore
« on: July 08, 2014, 08:43:16 AM »

What do others here think about the "Watt's Up" vs. the "EZ-Meter" from Hamsource?

Neither is reviewed here on eHam.

The EZ-Meter has been mentioned a few times on Ham Nation and I think it is newer but I can not find much info on it.

The Watt's Up is mentioned in a few threads here and people seem to like it.  It also has favorable reviews on YouTube.

Without having either, my primary intended use is to monitor voltage from gel-cells to a TS-590s during portable operations.

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:23 PM »

Here is what you should use, the PWRcheck® by http://www.westmountainradio.com

It blows the others off the map with features you really need. The fact it can interface with a computer in real time, means you don't have to be looking at it to tell what's going on. Grate for PSK and RTTY where the computer is already on.

KB5FLA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »

I have both. The Watt's Up works fine but the EZ-Meter is much sturdier construction and includes an LED for over and undervoltage. It also comes with Anderson PowerPoles installed standard. More of a serious ham radio level of gear instead of consumer grade.
AD0GI

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »

Thanks for both of your replies!

Besides the computer interface, what are the advantages of the it over thePWRcheck over the EZ-Meter?

And with regards to the EZ-Meter, there are two versions...one has connectors attached to the chassis and the other has connectors attached to wires extending from the chassis.  Which would be easier to fix should one of the connectors break or otherwise fail?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: