Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CBC "As it Happens" (July 10th, 2014) interviews contesting Ham (in Boston?)  (Read 4976 times)
VK5CQ

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:27 PM »

A fairly lengthy interview, with a US contesting enthusiast, was aired on  the popular Canadian current events program - AIH -  near the end of its program of July 10thso.

If you have am Android device capable of running the "CBC Radio" (from Google Play store), you find it easily - as an "On demand" program. Just choose "As It Happens" & pick the show of July 10th from the list which appears.

An MP3 of the show can be downloaded from the "As It Happens" web page, on CBC.CA

I question a few small points, eg, that an on-site judge will adjudicate the Ham's contesting operation, during the contest, but... who knows?

It's potentially a good piece of PR on the contesting aspect of our Hobby.
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 02:56:55 AM »

That was about the World Radiosport Team Championships that were held last weekend in the Boston, MA area. If you worked any of the K1A/N1A/W1A through K1Z/N1Z/W1Z stations in the IARU contest, you worked them - look here for full info.

The pinnacle of amateur radio contesting publicity was an article in Sports Illustrated magazine by Bill Leonard (W2SKE) in June 1958 "The Battle of the Hams." You used to able to see it in the SI archives, but I can't seem to find it there anymore - but a copy of the text is here.

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 05:57:58 PM »

NPR, tomorrow (9 Aug):

http://www.ae5x.com/blog/2014/08/08/npr-covers-ham-radio-contesting/

John AE5X
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: