Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tentec eagle for SWL and MW  (Read 30074 times)
AE5EK

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »

How is the eagle for SWL and MW?  Do the receive LC filters cause too much attenuation outside of the ham bands?
Note the manual says
general cOverage receive:
degraded specs outside
ham bands

tks
Dennis
K1FPV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

Well, I don't know about the Eagle, but I know the OMNI VII and the Jupiter are OK on the BC band and other shortwave frequencies. On VLF (below the BC Band), they drop off fast. I suspect that the Eagle is similar though I can say for sure not having tried the Eagle. I suspect the only frequencies that Ten-Tec will guarantee is in the ham bands.

For all SWLing, I use my Ten-Tec RX-320D, RX-340, RX-350D (which drops off below the BC band), and my Yaesu FRG-100. They give me all the receiving capability I need though I do use a couple Boat-Anchors....HQ-180A and a HQ-100A.

Bill
K1FPV
ex WPE1EJL
KF4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 02:38:27 PM »

Drop Ten Tec an email and ask them.

They are responsive.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 08:55:01 AM »

Go on the TecTec reflector on contesting.com and ask real TenTec users for answers. Sure beats the guessing games on this forum.

Pete
KC0KEK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »

I'm a MW DXer, and I've never run across anyone using an Eagle for that. But you might try some of the MW and SW Yahoo groups. For what it's worth, I've had good results with my Icom 7700, and I know a few other folks who use that or other ham rigs for MW, SW or both.
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 12:08:06 PM »

I use a Paragon II for SWL monitoring on occasion...  it does an okay job.  I'd really suggest going to a forum that caters to Ten Tec users to get some input on the Eagle.

Pete
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: