Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doing the "Right Thing" .... is it really that hard?  (Read 16412 times)
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2014, 10:13:53 AM »

Well, here is it almost another month later and NADA.  VXM even asked for my PP account and would send the funds there.  Well, that didn't happen. I told him, just use a credit card if cash is tight, so is mine, now that I am well out of more then the initial repair cost he said he would repay.  Just how long is still "wait" suppose to go on?  If you received a defective item from soneone, wouldn't you kind expect to either take the item back, pay the repair invoice, pay for the repair up front, etc?  I am certain no one would be this patient as I have been, but honestly, this has gone on way too long....I will likely never see that money back...what a rotten deal I got....
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2014, 05:12:20 PM »

If I see "the fish" in any business setting I walk away.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 03:32:08 AM »

I often wonder if some of these rip off individuals like KC2VXM's family, friends, employer know what kind of criminal activity these folks do on the side to gain equipment, additional funds, etc.  It must be hard to hide that kind of behavior but eventually, it will show itself. 

I knew early on I was ripped off with VXM, but I gave him the benefit to try and reconcile himself, but all I received was one bogue excuse (never a solution) for the issue.  I knew early on my money was gone.  Not sure which is worse, those that rip you off up front and run or those that string you along, preying on your good character allowing them more time to come up with an "out" plan to bail.  For me, I think the second is worse then the first one.  You know in your gut when someone isn't going to be truthful or honest/acting with integrity because they can't and there is something in their speech or communication you pick up on right away.

Well, burned big time.  Hopefully, it won't happen again, but hoping it will happen to those that rip others off of their equipment and/or hard earned money (that they got thru honest labor).
KC2UGV

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 04:30:32 AM »

I've found the biggest red flag when dealing with a person is when they start telling you how good of a christian they are.  Then, I'll stop dealing with them.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 08:19:32 AM »

Yeah, that can be a popular line to use....or when they send you pics and it omits the areas you find physical damage upon receipt....amazing how that just happens...

KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »

If someone has had a radio I sold them and they had the chance to use it and it's working after they received it... anything that happens beyond that is on them. You have no idea of the person's technical abilities to use the radio properly, connect it to a proper antenna, etc. As you found out.. it appears these people used the radios improperly, broke it, then turned to you. Most of the time when I have sold something I hear nothing. I assume they are happy. I can think of one or two instances where I had to refund money and that was due to a problem in shipping (UPS truck probably used it as a test speedbump.. many times over). In those cases I hear from the people immediately and we resolve the problem.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2014, 02:47:36 PM »

That is 100% correct.  I check any radio I part with on every band, every mode and verify all the functions are functioning.  I know my equipment.  But, in the event something is amiss, I don't piss around with BS excuses, lies, etc. I take care of it.  IN my situation, this guy knew there were issues with the radio as he would have known it.  Just didn't decide to share that with me.  I got burned.  He ran and now won't answer emails.   All the while, playing on my good character to allow him more time (to string me along), with "money is tight right now", and followed by "where do I send the funds", but never really being honest about going to send the funds.  Just one lie after the other. 

Like you, if someone has my item for a couple of weeks, or at the minimum, 1 week and has used it and says nothing, it belongs to them now, period.

I have never passed off any bad equipment or anything with an issue knowing it up front, let alone not taking care of the issue personally as any normal adult would.  This guy just wanted to get rid of a basket case and let someone else pop for the money.

Sad, but true.
KU5Q

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2014, 07:08:26 AM »

Doing the "Right Thing" .... is it really that hard?

Chris, posting this stuff in worthless internet forums is beneath you.

Obviously when it comes to trading merchandise, there are lots of thieving scumbags out there.

Obviously ham radio is no exception.

From the gear trade I did in person with you in person, in Weatherford, TX some years ago, you struck me as a straight up, honest, decent person.

Don't expose yourself dealing with these scumbags trading long distance with no protection.

Sure, there are decent people out there. Like you.

To the best you are able, know who you are dealing with.

Your posts in these petty little forums wont change much. For every thief exposed, another will be ready to steal.

Don't be a victim, and don't appear as one by posting this stuff in these peanut galleries.

You are better than that.

Take care out there, and be careful.

W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2014, 10:51:28 AM »

Well, after two months of chasing and hounding I finally got some of my funds reimbursed, so I am done with this.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »

wow, perhaps he was aware  of what was going on here.  Glad you finally persevered.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2014, 12:03:01 PM »

Me too, as I have a disabled daughter and a wife you takes care of her 92 mother along with our granddaughter and cannot work herself, so I fully understand "issues" but I never leave anyone hanging or wondering what is going on, when, etc.  I stand behind my word and keep in contact.   FWIW, I asked the forum POC to remove the posts.  I am don't with it and the individual.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: