Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sender sends damaged radio - Won't pay for repairs  (Read 8788 times)
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 03:43:34 PM »

RH, you seem to have an agenda here.

Facts. 
Sender informed me the radio worked perfectly.
Sent pictures which oddly did not include the areas where damage was noted upon receipt.
Did sender know the radio had internal damage prior to shipment (only he, God or the previous owner to him would know that).  Not debating that.
Repair facility I have used over the years, missed the attenuator failure as I never use it and he didn't bother to check it as I didn't mention it.  I only stated the visible failure in the RF path that was noted, he addressed it and repaired it.  Besides, he repaired the attentuator function gratas.  Nothing more can be said, except, outstanding!

Sender offered to pay for the repair(s) early on.  I never asked for reimbursement on the damaged case, short power cord, amp interface cable or the second repair shipment costs and packing costs.  I only asked to be fair and pay for the first noted repair and shipment costs.  He agreed.  To date, I haven't seen it.  Below is some of the email excerpts.

Not stating the sender is a crook just not taking care of this issue and it is dragging out way too long.  Money is tight, including mine and I have spent far more then I should have on this "project".

FYI from the sender:

What is the total you paid out and where do I send it to

I never new there was that much damage
 am going to have send you the money

I will send you out the 250.00

Ok where to I thought maybe Paypal

So the sender has indicated repeatedly he will send the repair cost funds (from the past weeks).

Perhaps it will happen, I just haven't seen it since end of June....still waiting and hoping.  About all I can say....
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 04:38:17 PM by W9BKR » Logged
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »

Well, VXM asked for PP account, said was going to send the funds...and..here it is, another week later, NADA.....

Would anyone be this lame with a responsibility I wonder..come on...
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 10:52:11 AM »

After two months of constant emails, etc. hounding and chasing, I finally got some of my funds back.  So, I am done with this.  Never again.
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 05:32:29 PM »

I totally ate 100$ on an ebay receiver that was damaged due to terrible packing and wasting my time working with the seller until I could no longer make a claim. That was a lesson learned well and hard.  Did not even have the junker as UPS collected it back from me as a damaged shipment. Of course that particular item was his last ebay transaction, at least with that account.  Was not shipped from the sellers state so I suspect it was some sort of brokered sale deal or something. Just do not ever give an obviously bad seller any slack is my lesson.  I had another thing like that happen and the seller tried to BS me but I finally used the resources of ebay correctly to twist his arm and get my money back.  The guy had the gall to relist it again with the same picture and try to rip off someone else. He must have been a bad apple as he was not long on ebay either.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: