Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When should we call FBI about a NET?  (Read 9145 times)
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »

Just log the date, time and frequency.  Today's satellites can locate, monitor and record just about every type of radio transmission.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2014, 09:36:34 AM »

This discussion doesn't need to exist.
Any person on the internet that has the comprehension and presence of mind to pass a radio written examination KNOWS what they need to do and WHEN they need to do it.  No one needs to be told when or how to act.
This whole topic is just blowing smoke.
Use the common sense God gave you, no matter how miniscule that may seem, and act with integrity.  That's the ONLY answer you should need.

Finally.  Someone with a bit of common sense.  REFRESHING.
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2014, 11:12:12 AM »

Naturally, W1IT will also turn himself into the FCC for his (alleged) recorded jamming of this and other radio contacts already in progress.  Google "W1IT" or go to YouTube and poke-in his callsign.  He's far from being a considerate ham.

de Ray
W7ASA  ..._  ._

N4TTS

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2014, 12:19:33 PM »

Naturally, W1IT will also turn himself into the FCC for his (alleged) recorded jamming of this and other radio contacts already in progress.  Google "W1IT" or go to YouTube and poke-in his callsign.  He's far from being a considerate ham.

de Ray
W7ASA  ..._  ._

Thank you. I was wondering if our little group was the only one to have had the s*&t QRM'ed out of us for weeks on end by W1IT.
No, I'm not talking about the Patriot net.

He has no business talking about any other ham operator's operating practices.

Don N4TTS
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 12:42:18 PM by N4TTS » Logged
KI5WW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2014, 05:17:49 PM »

Ive heard them too. Nothing new. I recommend you just try and get a mental picture of them. You know, you've been to ham fest. After you get that picture in your mind you will realize they are harmless. They aren't going anywhere. They would have to take a shower first. FBI not interested in Ham operators at all. 
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:20 AM »

Ive heard them too. Nothing new. I recommend you just try and get a mental picture of them. You know, you've been to ham fest. After you get that picture in your mind you will realize they are harmless. They aren't going anywhere. They would have to take a shower first. FBI not interested in Ham operators at all. 

The Secret Service would be VERY interested in any verbal threats to president.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W8AAZ

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2014, 05:20:44 PM »

If they are that obnoxious I can't understand you listening to them long enough to get a whole lot of information, just as I would not spend any real time monitoring something like 14 313 or even some other freqs where I hear nitwits blathering nonsense.  As soon as I determine the discussion on a freq.  is nonsense, I tune away or turn off.   But if you feel concern, make a recording, rather than he said she said written complaints.  Heck, you could probably hear all kinds of nastiness and threats on CB channel 19 and you don't even have any way to keep track of transient truckers passing by. 
W1IT

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2014, 01:29:24 PM »

Naturally, W1IT will also turn himself into the FCC for his (alleged) recorded jamming of this and other radio contacts already in progress.  Google "W1IT" or go to YouTube and poke-in his callsign.  He's far from being a considerate ham.

de Ray
W7ASA  ..._  ._

Thank you. I was wondering if our little group was the only one to have had the s*&t QRM'ed out of us for weeks on end by W1IT.
No, I'm not talking about the Patriot net.

Well, what are you talking about. I have no HF antenna what so ever. So maybe you should do a better job at finding who QRMs you before throwing out best guesses.
He has no business talking about any other ham operator's operating practices.

Don N4TTS
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: