Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't find JT65HF saved log file  (Read 2807 times)
KW4CQ

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »

Successfully running JT65-HF version 1.0.7 and saving my contacts using the Log QSO button.  All information from contacts shown being saved to C:\users\kw4cq\appdata\local\JT65-HF.  However, I can not locate the .adi log file anywhere on my PC  doing a search for JT65_log.adi.    After going to C:\users\kw4cq\  I do not see any subdirectory called AppData.  I did a search for JT65_log.adi and nothing shows up.  I am running Windows 7 here.   Any help would be appreciated.

73, Bob KW4CQ
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »

That's because "AppData" is a hidden folder.  You'll need to enable the ability to view hidden folders.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
KG6Q

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:50:11 PM »

Successfully running JT65-HF version 1.0.7 and saving my contacts using the Log QSO button.  All information from contacts shown being saved to C:\users\kw4cq\appdata\local\JT65-HF.  However, I can not locate the .adi log file anywhere on my PC  doing a search for JT65_log.adi.    After going to C:\users\kw4cq\  I do not see any subdirectory called AppData.  I did a search for JT65_log.adi and nothing shows up.  I am running Windows 7 here.   Any help would be appreciated.

73, Bob KW4CQ

I'm running W7 pro 64 bit and JT65-HF Version 1.0.9.3. Radio is Yaesu FT-897d. The JT65 installation located the log here: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\JT65-HF\. The log file name is: JT65hf-log.csv. Both location and log name were accepted as defaults during the JT65-HF installation. The file (JT65hf-log.csv) is automatically updated whenever I transmit or receive a JT65-HF signal. This happens automatically ..... no need to click JT65's "Log QSO' button. I never figured out how to disable this automatic update.

I also use JT Alert (great JT65-hf companion). When I choose to log a QSO in my HRD logbook, I must manually click on JT65's "Log QSO'. This updates my HRD Logbook file  .... it is NOT automatic.

Hope this helps.
VK3AMA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 03:38:34 PM »

I'm running W7 pro 64 bit and JT65-HF Version 1.0.9.3. Radio is Yaesu FT-897d. The JT65 installation located the log here: C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Local\JT65-HF\. The log file name is: JT65hf-log.csv. Both location and log name were accepted as defaults during the JT65-HF installation. The file (JT65hf-log.csv) is automatically updated whenever I transmit or receive a JT65-HF signal. This happens automatically ..... no need to click JT65's "Log QSO' button. I never figured out how to disable this automatic update.

Not correct. The JT65hf-log.csv is a decodes, RX & TX, history file, NOT the log file. The log file is an ADIF file and the location is shown in the JT65-HF "Log Contact" window which appears when the "Log QSO" button is clicked. The location of the Log file can be altered while the "Log Contact" is visible.

de Laurie, VK3AMA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: