The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EP6T, Iran  (Read 171992 times)
MM0NDX

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:13 AM »

***BREAKING DX NEWS***

Announcing the Rockall DX Group expedition to Iran, Kish Island IOTA AS-166.

A multinational team with members from Belgium, The Netherlands and Greece will conduct a DXpedition to the Islamic Republic of Iran in January 2015.

Nearly three years of negotiations and a reconnaissance trip by Patrick ON4HIL to Tehran finally resulted in obtaining a legal license to operate with a team of ten people for fourteens days.

It has been all but easy but with much perseverance and countless e-mails between Belgium and Iran we eventually got what we were looking for. The good thing is that we not only have a legit license but we are also in the stage of helping to revive amateur radio in the I.R. of Iran. In order to help establish legal ham radio exams we have a 150 page course, that has been written and edited by one of our local club members, translated into Persian language. This course will serve as a guide for both the people at the Iranian telecoms administration and for students who are willing to learn the basics to become a fully licensed radio amateurs. Hopefully many new hams will be on the air in the near future from Iran.

PLANS

10 operators will be operating 4 (possibly 5) stations around the clock for at least 10 days at the end of January 2015. Specific dates will be announced at a later stage but we are aiming for the last two weeks of that month. All HF bands will be covered from 10 through 160 meters in three modes: CW, SSB and RTTY. As with previous expeditions from the Rockall DX Group we will have stations overnight focusing on the low bands with separate receive antennas and quarter wave verticals near the beach. Since we are on an island our location will be not far from the sea, depending on propagation, good signals can be expected on all bands. We will have pilot stations to provide us with feedback from our audience.

The requested call sign is EP6T.

More information and a dedicated website will follow soon. Follow us on twitter or keep an eye on the DX bulletins. If you have any questions related to this expedition contact us via EP6T@rockall.be.
Hope to see all of you in the log.

FIRST FOR BREAKING DX NEWS – DX-WORLD.NET
KJ4Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »

Awesome!  They just keep coming.
KE4KY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 10:17:22 AM »

Good news!  Smiley

Glenn KE4KY - Ham since 1975
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 10:19:00 AM »

Congratulations Patrick ON4HIL and the Rockall Team.

Paul N6PSE
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »

Hopefully QSLs won't cost $22-25 for this one (although I plan to donate at least that much, if not significantly more -- in advance).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »

Very cool!! Looking forward to it!
WA8UEG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

I worked EP3SMH 1/16/2014 and it cost me $10.00 plus 1 IRC plus sending it via registered mail and no card as of yet so I'll be looking forward to getting it confirmed!
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 04:43:31 PM »

Way to GO, guys!! 
I only have Iran on 10M CW, SO..... I need a BUNCH of bandfills, and really would like to work you on 80 as well. 

GL/73, Gene AF3Y
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »

Great news.

Eric
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 06:46:11 PM »

Not an ATNO here but I'll be hunting for bandfills.  I only have EP on 20m.  GL to the team and those needing EP.

Jonathan W6GX
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2014, 07:04:14 PM »

I only have 'em confirmed on 20 phone, but have them worked on 10, 15 and 20, all three modes; I just never felt comfortable sending that much money and and go through all the hassle, etc, for just a couple of Qs.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2014, 07:20:08 PM »

Great news and thanks to all those who made it possible.
BTW It would be great if some of that equipment could be donated to a club, it might have a positive effect.

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
W6DXO

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:55 PM »

Absolutely fantastic news !!!

73 de harry, W6DXO
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 06:23:10 AM »

Very welcome news! And not so far into the future either!

I only have 20 m confirmed, so it would be nice to have a chance at a few more bands. Please remember the Southern Hemisphere.

73 es GL,
Luke VK3HJ
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »

For those of us on the West Coast it would be hard to compete in the pile.  I hope the Op will take that into consideration.  EP is one of the toughest paths from the West Coast.  I think the late Jan. time doesn't favor the West Coast either.  Even in May or Oct. the openings are very short, something like less than one hour long.  Hopefully they could put out a big signal.  I don't have high expectations but a bandfill or two would be satisfying.

Jonathan W6GX
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 44 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: