A virus has broken out around the globe that has turned the majority of humans into mindless, brain-eating zombies. Humanity as we know it has changed.The requirements:
CW/SSB radio communication using HF. The complete kit should be 1-person portable. Hauling the kit around in a Red Rider wagon technical qualifies but loses points for practicality. Setup/teardown time should be 30 minutes or less. Bands used will be 6 to 40 meters ITU region 2 (this won't matter if the scenario ever played out but helps facilitate this thread).Budget:
$2,500 USDGeneral assumptions:
1) You have shelter, food, medical supplies and are not in any immediate danger of being turned into a zombie.
2) There are others with HF radio communications. Keeping in touch allows coordination of supplies, knowing areas to stay away from and any changes to the situation as a whole.
3) No need for "backup" items (duplicate microphones, batteries, etc.).
4) You will transmit 10%, listen 90%.
5) Their will be a average mix of sun and cloudy/rainy days.
6) Propagation is average, this is neither the top or bottom of the cycle.Notes:
1) Nobody is right or wrong. Please refrain from personal attacks.
2) Let's stay on topic. Never mind politics or what the government would do in this scenario. This is a thread about building a complete kit for $2,500 and under.
3) Post items with the name and links where they can be found. This is so we can purchase the items now but if the links expire or change, others in the future may search for these items.
4) If you've seen (or are watching) the AMC television show "The Walking Dead", the scenario should sound familiar to you.
5) Pictures are a good thing.
6) My assumptions are just that. For example, I understand it may be good to have "backup" items and a "central" station may transmit for more than 10% of the time.
7) Have fun. I could have did a general post of "help me build a go-kit" but I thought this was more fun