I have recently moved and am trying to get all my equipment back on the air. I am looking for an experienced antenna installer/elmer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I have a Zero Five Vertical that I would like to get installed with someone that has either installed one of these antennas, or long time HAM with quite a bit of experience. My home is single story home with NO POWER LINES above ground. I simply just do not have enough time (and a horribly bad back. Spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day flat on my back) to get the antenna in the ground. But more importantly, I lack some of the technical expertise to make sure it I am doing it properly.
I am running a reversed antenna switch to a few different radios #1 Kenwood 2000, Astron power pup plies, Navigator PSK unit, PC computer, etc. Unit #2 Kenwood 450SAT (basically just a CW radio), Unit #3 Random QRP rig, Unit #4 Random receiver.
Installation would include....
1. Installing antenna support into ground (including digging hole and pouring concrete. There is a man locally that will drill hole.)
2. Installing Zero Five antenna onto support
3. Install appropriate number of ground radials (I live on a 1 acre lot and have about 1/3-1/2 an acre to work with for ground radials.)
4. Running feed line/coax from antenna into home and to radio
4. Install a 2m yagi antenna either on roof or in attic (most likely in attic and on possible rotor) and verify functionality (I was just given this antenna by an SK's wife and have never used/installed before)
5. Verify SWR on both antennas and either install tuner or verify internal tuner is sufficient
6. Verify PSK unit is functioning properly
7. Any other issues that may rear its ugly head
I will obviously cover any expenses for necessary equipment, cables, wire, coax, etc. As well as pay someone a reasonable fee for their time and expertise. If I can answer any other questions please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. My email is email@example.com
Please contact me at this address with any questions.
Thank you in advance,