The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Differentiating WSPR-2 and WSPR-15 signals on wsprnet.org map?  (Read 5732 times)
2E0ILY

Ignore
« on: December 10, 2014, 04:12:18 AM »

I operate LF on 136kHz and was wondering if there's a way to see from spots on the wsprnet.org map whether a signal is wspr-2 or wspr-15 mode? If there is not currently a way, could not the receiving station add this to the spots uploads info, so as not to burden the TX station with sending extra data? Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Best regards, Chris Wilson.
N0UE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 05:41:10 AM »

Chris, did you get an answer on this?

Because of antenna restrictions, I can only operate on 20 Meters.  Do you know if there is much -15 activity on 20?

Regards,

Tom
N0UE
EN34
quotidio@earthlink.net
2E0ILY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:49:21 AM »

I had a reply on another forum saying that within WSPR itself you  can view the frequencies of received signals and work out what mode they are. That is nothing like as easy as if the reporter map showed the mode. I might mention it on the WSJT forum :

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/wsjtgroup/info

As for WSPR-15 on 20 meters, I don't know, I have never tried. I suggest you leave a receiver running for 24 hours on 20 meters set to WSPR-15 and see what you catch. I suspect it's generally just a LF mode, but I am far from certain, sorry.

Best regards, Chris Wilson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: