The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Can I Use My AT-1000ProII Tuner With a Yaesu FTDX-1200?  (Read 2785 times)
W4KBX

Ignore
« on: December 16, 2014, 03:52:10 PM »

The title about says it. Spent an hour e-mailing back and forth with Yaesu and LDG, and neither had a solution.

Anyone have one?

FlatHat@comcast.net

W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:53:48 PM »

What is the problem with it? I guess there would be a menu setting in the rig to ensure the internal tuner is disabled.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

It'll work in semi-automatic mode. That is, you key the radio in a constant carrier mode like AM, FM, or RTTY, turn down the power, and then push the tune button on the tuner. The control connection to the radio is only needed for fully automatic (push the tune button on the radio) control. LDG sells a cable for Yaesu but only specifies it for the FT857 and FT897. You could check with Yaesu to see if the FTDX-1200 has an external tuner control that is compatible with the FT857 or 897. If so, the Yaesu cable should work on the tuner.

I just looked at the Yaesu brochures. The FTDX-1200 has a remote tuner connector that is compatible with the FC40 tuner. The FC40 tuner brochure indicates that it is also compatible with the FT-857/897 transceivers. Since the AT-1000 tuner (with the accessory cable) works with the FT-857/897 I would expect it to also work with the FTDX-1200. That'll give you one-button tune using the button on the FTDX-1200.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:00:49 PM by AA4PB » Logged
K0XY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:58:13 AM »

...yes, this can be a problem...seems the radio has to be switched to a mode that provides a carrier or something like that...a real pain...so this is how I solved that dilemma... use one of the cw key jacks as a straight key jack (menu selection), attach a straight key, and in cw mode you can send a carrier by closing the key...use the other cw key jack for your paddle keyer or whatever (menu selection)... ...I am  a CW guy so I continually need a  brief carrier to allow the ldg-at600 to tune...not sure what you do as a SSB guy...but this works like a charm for me !!!
Ron K0xy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: