The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 Professional and HRD  (Read 29086 times)
KG9H

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2014, 06:17:03 AM »

Folks, I have been using an old XP / HRD with my TS-590 for years now.  With the advent of XP going away, I purchased a high tier (for me..) Windows Professional 64 bit box. 
I have a problem accessing my 590.  I only have one Com (Com 3) connected (keeping the box basic) until I know that works.  I can see Com 3 in the HRD Com selection and selected that.  Having no luck on that... I changed that Com from 3 to 5 and again selected it.  I switched the cable back to the XP and all seems to work perfect but when I switch the USB back to the new computer... it does not communicate.    I wanted to make sure that the old program worked before purchasing the new HRD. I have 5 now and (guess) they are at 7 now.  Any thoughts?  Frank KG9H kg9hfrank@gmail.com
KG9H

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:54 AM »

OK, figured it out.  While I plugged in and Windows installed the driver for Codec, etc... for that cable... it did not "see the cable" and update the driver.
Only when I plugged in and unplugged the cable about three times... did it see the driver was not installed.  A simple install of the 64 bit and I have HRD running again.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 04:17:07 AM »

OK, figured it out.  While I plugged in and Windows installed the driver for Codec, etc... for that cable... it did not "see the cable" and update the driver.
Only when I plugged in and unplugged the cable about three times... did it see the driver was not installed.  A simple install of the 64 bit and I have HRD running again.

Typically you install driver, then you plug in cable.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
KG9H

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 04:25:32 PM »

Hmm, OK, thanks.
Not having the driver... I was hoping Windows would determine that.
In the end... and after a few a few "plug-in, pull it out, then plug it in again..." Windows figured I did not have the driver.
Bravo Windows..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: