About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK 31  (Read 702 times)
KD8FDD

Ignore
« on: February 10, 2009, 12:58:36 PM »

Hello I am Jason kd8fdd. I am 15 years old and I have had my General class license for over a month. I have been operating Phone, CW, SSTV, RTTY and my favorite PSK 31. I have been enjoying it on 80m and 20m however my favorite band for voice is 17m for the DX. Is there any PSk 31 on 17m.
Thanks for the help 73 kd8fdd
WB2YZX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 05:00:54 AM »

Congrats on your ticket! There is some activity on 18.103; not as much as the other bands you work but worth a look. Have fun...
K3PRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »

Jason:

Congrads on getting your General license. I use PSK31 99% of my air time and have done so for the past 3+ years. Since you are operating on 80, 20 , and 17 meters, your antenna probably can be tuned to 40 meters (7.070) and 30 meters (10.149). There is far more PSK31 on these bands than 17 meters. I have probably worked 20 stations on 17 meter PSK31 and 3 on 12 meters. I do not operate 15 or ten meters.

Also consider joing various digital groups and clubs such as The European Phase Shift Keying Club (EPC), the 30 meter Digital Group, Digital Modes Club (DMC), and the PODXS (Pennsylvania Ohio DXS). They have numerious contests and awards plus it makes the amateur radio digital world stronger.

Keep enjoying amateur radio and e-mail me with any questions you may have.

Don K3PRN
druokonen@hotmail.com
N5LRZ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:25:50 PM »

In reference to Image Modes, you might want to try listening on 3.845 mhz for SSTV.

And if you want to get in on some of the high quality pictures look into downloading the 'EasyPal' program off of the web.  Its free of charge.  The picture quality of Digital SSTV via EasyPal is worth the effort to install and adjust the program settings.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: