The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows xp without login  (Read 18121 times)
WA2JHS

Ignore
« on: January 17, 2015, 01:44:14 PM »

Hello all....I am moving to a restricted housing area and am going to use a remote site for my flex 1500....I can get dsl service no problem...my only problem is when the computer reboots
when I don't expect it....lol....is there anyway to have the remote computer come up without a log in screen and have my teamviewer program startup?Huh
Thanks
Bill
NB3R

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 03:45:50 PM »

Hi Bill,

This will not be a problem. You can log into Teamviewer after the remote computer reboots. You will see the login screen when you connect.

I use Teamviewer in my remote station. Works great.

Good luck

de NB3r
Dave

Dave
NB3R
WA2JHS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 05:18:03 PM »

Hi Dave.....doesn't the computer need a log in at the remote site before teamviewer will come up???

Bill
WA2JHS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:57:22 PM »

Dave...thanks....I have it now, if I would have read more about teamviewer I would have found procedure for setting up the remote boot stuff...lol

Bill
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »

You might take a look at the RigExpert WTI-1 Wireless Transceiver Interface. According to the Feb 2015 QST product review it sounds really interesting and fairly simple to set up. No computer needed at the remote station site (except to initially configure the WTI-1).

Bob  AA4PB
Garrisonville, VA
KK6GMN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »

Look for a piece of software called TweakUI for WinXP.  It allows you to change many features not available in other ways for WinXP and other WinOS's  One of the features is to preload the password.  Do remember this does make your machine vulnerable to others,  That is not usually an issue in home use.

-SeanM
KK6GMN

"No man is a failure...
...who has friends." --Clarence

Weather at my shack
http://www.pegnsean.net/~sean/weather/wx.htm
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2015, 09:36:18 PM »

Bill,  Here is the link for how to do it.  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315231

WA2JHS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 11:21:51 AM »

Hi all....thanks for all the input...I have the remote computer working with teamviewer ( I should have RTM...lol) now if the computer restarts, it comes up with teamviewer and the desktop...Yay!!!   I am going to check out that rigexpert device though...sounds interesting....

73 all
Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: