The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IC-2720H and FT-60R with a MFJ-1274  (Read 1350 times)
KG6UEF

Ignore
« on: October 28, 2004, 02:05:23 PM »

Hi,

I have a mobile ICOM IC-2720H and a handheld Yaesu FT-60R. Wanted to connect both of them to the MFJ 1274 TNC.

Can someone point me to the wiring information for both the Icom and the Yaesu ?

The Icom has a 5 pin mini-DIN. Do I simply wire the TNC to the Data pin direct ?

The Yaesu uses a 4 ring (connector) 3.5mm pin. I found an article which said I can connect the TX and PTT to a ring 3 and need to use a Capacitor/resistor inline. But there is another article which said that ring 2 and ring 3 are for TX and PTT.

Pls help me understand on how to wire up both the radios for the TNC.

Thnx
Shekhar
KG6UEF
TINKERER973WI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 05:24:02 AM »

Hello,
KC9OGB here, I dont know about the Icom, But the Ft-60r you can get the wiring right in the user manual for the radio.  Search it on google if you dont have one, Im using a CT 44 adaptor for my microphone/external speaker setup I used before I bought my new base.  if you need help finding out which rings are which to match them up for the diagram in the book, feel free to email me @  kc9ogb@yahoo.com

good luck & 73

KC9OGB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: