The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 7 firewall blocking ARCP-480 on host  (Read 80811 times)
WD8OQX

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »

Trying to set up ARCP-480 remote program but can't seem to get W7 firewall on HOST to cooperate.
If I turn off the firewall, all works. When turned on, nothing.
The exempts are there & all else I can think of looks fine. So, what else could be causing the block?

BTW: I'm currently just wanting to run this on my LAN.
WD4ELG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:58:31 PM »

Did you try manually opening up a port exception?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-port-windows-firewall#1TC=windows-7
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 06:58:44 PM »

While I DID look at it, I did NOT try making one of my own. I'll definitely look into it.

Thanks
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:34:59 PM »

Went through the rules that are already there & don't see anything different than what I'd set manually, so don't see where doing it manually will buy me anything.

My hunch is that there is another rule for something else blocking this, but I have as of yet to find it.    Sad
(and the troubleshooter was no help, either)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:38:05 PM by WD8OQX » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 05:17:52 AM »

You need to enable TCP; port No.: 50000 for rig control and UDP; port No.: 33500 for Voice over IP for starters.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 12:06:18 PM »

The rules are currently set to allow ALL ports - does it NEED to be set to those SPECIFIC ports?
That is the only thing I haven't tried yet. But I'd think all ports should work.     Huh
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:48:19 PM »

The rules are currently set to allow ALL ports - does it NEED to be set to those SPECIFIC ports?
That is the only thing I haven't tried yet. But I'd think all ports should work.     Huh

You only need the above ports with full access to them. Nothing else is needed. These are default for it.

WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »

WOO HOO!

Got it going...
Set the UDP & TCP in BOTH programs as stated, plus under the advance tab, I set edge traversal to ALLOW (it will bitch about changing this setting if not touched) & all is working.

A big thanks to all that helped. - Especially W8JX
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 10:49:25 PM »

Actually, the UDP is 33550 - just to clarify, in case someone ELSE has this issue.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 07:19:37 AM »

Actually, the UDP is 33550 - just to clarify, in case someone ELSE has this issue.

Yes many do not realize that one port is TCP and other UDP.

WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:14:21 PM »

Angry Angry Angry

This is BS, I went to use this so I could move on to the next stage of adding my digital programs to the remote & found it NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! Same old blocking! I think I hit a BUG.    Huh

I'm beginning to see why so few hams actually use this & resort to OTHER methods, as I most likely will, if I get serious about remote controlling my station. As for now, I guess if I REALLY want to use this, I can turn off the firewall. What a shame, it had potential.   Cry
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 07:29:15 PM by WD8OQX » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 02:09:30 AM »

Angry Angry Angry

This is BS, I went to use this so I could move on to the next stage of adding my digital programs to the remote & found it NOT WORKING AGAIN!!! Same old blocking! I think I hit a BUG.    Huh

I'm beginning to see why so few hams actually use this & resort to OTHER methods, as I most likely will, if I get serious about remote controlling my station. As for now, I guess if I REALLY want to use this, I can turn off the firewall. What a shame, it had potential.   Cry

With Win8x you can set firewall to notify you of new access requests and you can then approve or reject these request and make choice permanent (until you edit it anyway) 

WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 11:04:09 AM »

I can't stand W8, really don't much care for M$ in general. That is why my primary OS is Linux (Fedora). Yes, it has it's quirks, but at least it is FIXABLE, & FREE. I'd much rather be frustrated with something given to me than something I paid big bucks for (that is expected to work)! Especially when the FREE works better (for ME anyway)! The ONLY REASON I still use M$ is that there are still proprietary things still locked into it that I want to use or try, like this program.

I really DO appreciate the help TRYING to get this going, but I think it is a lost cause. (I'm still leaning on the "bug" theory, but it's not worth it to me to try & track it down)
Gonna try another approach, just in case I DO have a need to remote my station.

Again, thanks...

W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 04:27:25 PM »

You could use RemoteRig.com hardware which needs no computer in loop.

WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 10:17:57 AM »

I tried some other approaches (like remote desktop) & decided to give this another chance.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: