Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: digipan and vista  (Read 2837 times)
KC7CWQ

Ignore
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:22:02 PM »

I had been using Digipan with XP for several years.  I just got a new Vista machine, home basic, 32 bit and SP 1.  Since I no longer have a serial port, I now have a signaLink USB with premade cable for my IC718.  I downloaded a new Digipan and it worked fine, until I turned off the computer and restarted, now, no print.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Digipan and the usb drivers.  Same condition.  No print after a restart.  The vista machine is mine for the next several years, at least.  
Is there something I am missing in Digipan?
Can you suggest a software that is compatible with what I have to operate PSK 31?
Thanks and
Loren
kc7cwq
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 03:42:16 PM »

Try right-clicking the icon and select "run as administrator". In Vista programs have "rights" and if digipan doesn't have administrator rights it may not be able to write to its configuration file so that every time you restart the program it is back to the default settings and may not be able to find the port.

I've run into this on a couple of different "legacy" programs. There is also a Vista setting that can disable this security feature and make it run more like XP with all programs.
KC7CWQ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »

Bob, The r-click works!
thanks.  Where can I find the Vista setting?
Loren
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:25:05 PM »

If you enable Vista's "account named administrator" and then log into this account, you will have the same rights as you do as administrator of an XP system. For instructions on doing this, see

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallVista

Dave, AA6YQ
N4HRA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 03:41:09 AM »

You may want to check your sound card setting.
make sure they are set to USB Audio CODEC

I have been running Digipan on both Vista and Windows 7 bata with no problems

just my 2 cents

Lew
N4HRA
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55:14 AM »

You'll find instructions here: http://computerperformance.co.uk/vista/user_account_control.htm

What you want to do is to disable user account control. That will allow all programs to run in administrator mode and it will get rid of all the annoying prompts that pop up when you start programs. It'll make Vista work a lot more like XP.

The downside is that you are disabling Vista's extra security that is designed to prevent a virus from accessing files without your permission.

Another option is to set the properties on the digipan desktop icon to "always run as administrator", which will affect only digipan when run from that icon.
W5CJB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »

Sir I have digipan but can't get the Waterfall Drive or the Transmitter Drive to work on my Vista maching. Is there any thing I can do also where can I find good info on how to setup and run Digipan. Thanks for you time. 73s Jim w5cjb
W5CJB

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »

How do you get digipan to work with vista? I can't get the waterfall or transmiter drive to work. If you can what do I do??? 73s Jim
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »

What are you using for an interface? Are you using the computer's sound card? Make sure digipan is set to use the correct sound card and that the mixer controls are set correctly.

The digipan help file should tell you all you need to set it up. Bascially its the same on Vist as on XP.
W5CJB

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 11:55:02 PM »

I'm using Rigblaster Plus. Like I said before,when I click on waterfall driver or transmitter driver nothing comes up.I think I have the sound card setup but I can't set the controls on the waterfall or transmitter because they don't come up....Where do I go from there, do I keep radio on full power or drop down?Thanks for your help. 73s Jimw5cjb
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

If users of Vista machines find they cannot solve problems to have Digipan running properly may I suggest they try Airlink Express. This is the 21st century version of Digipan, designed for use with Vista, and it also works well with XP. It has a logbook and is very easy to install and use.

Mel G0GQK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: