The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS-480 Remote  (Read 55016 times)
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »

I have to confess that I may be assuming to much here again, I have a tendency to do that. I assume that since one is messing with this that that person has a working knowledge of networking and I use the terms & symbolism of such.

To clarify, the IP address as I stated was for generalization, NOT a literal address. The "x" is to represent the number you obtained from looking up yours. As an example, the IP address could be, 192.168.0.10   I hope you are not trying to enter it as 192.168.x.x

Your port address of 50000 should be correct for the control, & the audio should be 33550.
In the firewall, you may have to do the following to get working correctly - I tested this by reversing my host & remote computers (since my host doesn't allow it through, for some yet unknown reason) & all worked fine. The port address, you need to enable TCP port No. 50000 and UDP port No. 33550 - I entered these like this on both control & audio.

I hope I'm steering you in the right direction. It has been a LONG day for me & I'm quite tired & trying to do this from memory. Will try to get the tutorial going ASAP. - The help that comes with the program helped me to figure this out & may lead you too. Again, if I am in error on any of this, my apologies... & I WILL correct when I do the tutorial.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:09:49 PM by WD8OQX » Logged
N1DYX

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 06:41:41 AM »

Hi,

Yes I understand completely about the IP address, thanks for the explanation.  I'm at work and will verify things tonight.
No rush for me at least on the tutorial, take your time,  I've lived this far without remote operation, I can live a little longer. Smiley  Have a good day.

Bill
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »

You can now find the tutorial in this post:
Basic tutorial on setting up ARCP-480 - as on my station

Hope it gets you going!   Wink
N1DYX

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 06:38:47 AM »

Hi,

Nothing linked. 
Thanks
WD8OQX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 10:46:18 AM »

Since it is in this same section, I just gave the name. But here's the link:
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=101998.0
N1DYX

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2015, 06:42:09 AM »

Since it is in this same section, I just gave the name. But here's the link:
http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=101998.0

Thanks for all this, still not working but trying some other things.  I'll let you know.

Regards
Bill
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: