Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ts-570 and psk help  (Read 943 times)
M3GPZ

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2009, 06:58:49 AM »

Hi I have a 570 trying to get it to work with psk, radio is connected to pc with homebrew cat cable and a cable from acc2 to pc, which connects to sound card. The problem I am having is when I tell radio to tx it keys the mic but there is no output, but pc is sending one to radio. Am using ham radio deluxe and Digital Master 780.
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 01:33:56 PM »

When the radio keys but there is no output it usually means that there is no audio getting from the sound card to the transmitter input. The first thing to do is to plug a headset or speaker into the sound card output and see if you get a tone when you go to transmit. If not then the problem is probably in the sound card settings (volume, wave, etc.) If you do get a tone then the problem is in the interface or wiring.

Also make sure that your transmit is set the the center of the waterfall. If you get all the way to one end or the other then the audio tone will be outside of the filter bandwidth and won't make it through the transmitter.
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

hi Ian,

take a look at this short video,
shows you how to set your transmit level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3CwHaX7t5M&feature=channel

73 james
K0XU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:47:07 PM »

The first question is what connector are you using for the audio in & out of the 570? It sounds like you are using the ACC2 connector. Then you have to make sure you are using the correct PTT pin, there are 2 of them, pin 9 is for use with the AAC2 pin 11 input. Pin 13 is paralleled with the front panel mike jack PTT. And you cannot use VOX on ACC2. So audio out pins 3&4, audio in pins 11&12, PTT pins 9&8. All this changes if you are using the front panel mike jack.

Jim
G0GQK

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 12:44:21 PM »

You didn't mention it, but are you using an opto coupler between your computer and your tranceiver.?If not perhaps you should.

Maybe you rig is different but on an Icom the ACC1 is used for HF and ACC2 is for VHF.

G0GQK
KE4DRN

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:48:51 PM »

hi,

No ACC1 on the ts-570 so he is using the correct
connection ACC2.

perhaps kenwood calls it ACC2 to keep things
standard across the different models they built.

73 james
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 07:36:18 AM »

No doubt, the only "Standard" thing on an HF radio is the SO-239 antenna connector.  Everything else is dependant onthe model and manufacturer.  Of course, if your radio has a BNC, then this, too, is wrong.

...bc  nr4c
VA3XQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

you need to change the settings in HRD in the soundcard tab under program option in Digital Master  780
jeff
va3xq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: