The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stupid Fed Ex  (Read 5793 times)
W0XX

Ignore
« on: April 25, 2015, 08:12:42 AM »

Probably a duplicate topic since so many folks have experienced crap for service from UPS, Fed Ex, etc., but here is a pathetic one.

I recently bought an item from someone that elected to use his buddy's Fed Ex account, falsifying the weight (i.e. 10 pounds when in actuality it weighs like 20), so he didn't have to pay anything (which likely means Fed Ex didn't measure, weigh the item, etc.) and he ships it to my commercial address.

Pretty simple, except it never arrived.  Stupid Fed Ex driver delivered it to another town, another street, another zip code, another individual, like, hey, you need a signature, do you NOT verify this information?

Well, now, the crap is for me to figure out and resolve and hopefully, they can locate where this drugged up driver delivered it, retrieve it and correctly deliver to the correct address, hopefully, the individuals that received it didn't tamper with it, break etc, etc. or that will be another can of worms for me.

Unfortunately, since this seller sent the item in a back door method, I have nothing to go on, and I am not exactly seeing this individual jumping thru hoops to resolve this, seems it is all up to me, telling me to call Fed Ex.  Sorry, but you, the seller, still are responsible for this item, I haven't taken receipt of it and the paperwork and insurance is in HIS name, not mine.

Calling Fed Ex is like calling India.  To date, the 4 or 5 individuals I have spoken too have no idea what they are doing, each very very poor English, telling me differing stories, etc. each time.  So, the short of it, at this point, I am screwed.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 09:15:01 AM »

Do not blame FedEx, blame person that shipped it. I have had excellent luck with them. If indeed it went to wrong address I suspect it was addressed incorrectly. You are chasing wrong tail. Chase seller.  
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 11:04:06 AM by W8JX » Logged

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 10:16:07 AM »

I agree with W8JX. Blame the people that shipped it, not FedEx. I live in a very rural area with dirt roads and no mail delivery. At first FedEx had problems finding my house, but not any more.

Just this past week I ordered a replacement wheel for my rototiller. I received the tracking number via Email so I could follow it. I watched it for a day or two and then got distracted. A few days later, when I checked the tracking number, it said it was delivered. But I didn't have a new wheel.

I called FedEx and complained. They went into a search to find out exactly what when on. But the driver said that he delivered two packages on the day the tracking number said. After checking further I found out he was correct. There was two packages. But one of them, when I opened it, had a invoice for someone else. It wasn't something that I ordered. It turns out that the shipping labels were switched.

I called the shipper and they went out of their way to fix the issue. I should be receiving the new wheel today. I then called FedEx and informed them that they did everything right. I thanked them for researching the problem on their part.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
WE1X

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

I wouldn't blame FedEx either.

How did you pay for the item?  If by credit card or PayPal I would inform the seller (a) tracking this is not my problem and (b) given he's shipped this in a questionable manner and is not stepping up to the plate to resolve it I'm requesting my payment back via the credit card company or PP.

Time is far too short and valuable to screw around with people who are not honorable.
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »

Do not blame FedEx, blame person that shipped it. I have had excellent luck with them. If indeed it went to wrong address I suspect it was addressed incorrectly. You are chasing wrong tail. Chase seller.  

Sorry but it WAS addressed correctly.  I saw the scan (later) of the label.  No errors.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2015, 06:55:14 PM »

Sorry but it WAS addressed correctly.  I saw the scan (later) of the label.  No errors.

A scan by who and why late? If it is properly submitted to FedEx the tracking number on label is in system as soon as the get package and you can see where it is supposed to go. Still think your chasing wrong dog here and seller did not submit it properly into system.

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2015, 09:43:31 PM »

Wasn't it a Fed-Ex driver who "delivered" a large screen TV by throwing it over the fence into the yard??  The surveillance video went viral.

However, in my opinion, Fed-Ex is a first class operation! Beats the hell outta UPS!!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »

Wasn't it a Fed-Ex driver who "delivered" a large screen TV by throwing it over the fence into the yard??  The surveillance video went viral.

However, in my opinion, Fed-Ex is a first class operation! Beats the hell outta UPS!!

I am sure he lost his job and FedEx replaced TV. One or two bad eggs does not make carton bad.

I remember many years ago (about 15 or so) around hamvention time UPS went on a very big long strike. It upset a lot of vendors and companies that depended on them and FedEx ground was born out of it's aftermath. UPS lost its lock on package business and even USPS gained some too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:12:27 AM by W8JX » Logged

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2015, 09:48:37 AM »

You're partly right John.  Fed-Ex and UPS have been competitors for many years.  When UPS went on strike, Fed-Ex business skyrocketed and it took UPS several years to recover.  I do see UPS trucks every day but see Fed-Ex only on occasion.

I have no idea what happened to USPS but I get many packages through USPS as fast as UPS.  My major beef with USPS is their terrible tracking system. 

I think Fed-Ex still has the edge on speed though.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2015, 03:50:48 PM »

FedEx kinda has two fleets for delivery. The ground side and the original FedEx air. I see FedEx trucks around my rural area more than UPS. FedEx delivers earlier in day here too. At night if I am on highway I usually see FedEx Ground semi's rolling and unlike UPS their tractor trailer fleet in on road saturday and sunday moving cargo.

W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »

Also, FedEx Ground delivers on Saturday at no extra cost.  Or, at least they used to.  UPS won't unless you pay a hefty fee.....
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 06:28:09 PM »

Also, FedEx Ground delivers on Saturday at no extra cost.  Or, at least they used to.  UPS won't unless you pay a hefty fee.....

UPS pretty much shuts down parks everything (including planes) from saturday to late sunday nite. FedEx still moves freight.

K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

UPS pretty much shuts down parks everything (including planes) from saturday to late sunday nite. FedEx still moves freight.

I knew that UPS shuts down for the weekend but didn't know Fed-Ex continued to move freight!  Good to know!
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 03:47:07 AM »

I knew that UPS shuts down for the weekend but didn't know Fed-Ex continued to move freight!  Good to know!

I see their tandem trailer trucks a lot on road on weekends. There is a ground freight terminal near here.

KD8KCH

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2015, 08:29:34 AM »

I ordered a 100' sewer tape after a week had gone by I went to check the tracking, said it had been delivered 3 days before looked all over the place and could not find. Called FedEx after their investigation was told it had been left by the garage door, problem is I do not have a garage, we verified the address and it was correct had to go thru the shipper to get another one sent out. He then got to deal with FedEx.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: