The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Navy marine Corp Mars ends September 30 2015  (Read 124749 times)
N1EN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 07:29:34 AM »

My question is what happens to all the EMA offices and hospitals with a NavyMARS Winlink call...

That's paragraph 5 of the Chief's message.  They'll transfer to one of the other services through a process yet to be announced.
W9ADY

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 07:35:20 AM »

When I first started getting interested in MARS I applied to Army MARS but didn't hear anything back for several months so I then applied to Navy Marine Corp Mars.  After I went through the NAVMARCOR training and dropped my tango I got an acceptance from the Army, which I then dropped.

Is there a way I can get an Army net schedule for my area so I can check them out?
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 07:41:57 AM »

That's paragraph 5 of the Chief's message.  They'll transfer to one of the other services through a process yet to be announced.

Thanks N1EN. That's good info.
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »

This is a short comment about the whole MARS deal...

I used to be an ARMY MARS member and got out because of the politics of the leadership which seemed to want to play games to advance themselves. I still have friends in ARMY MARS.

I have friends in AF MARS. Best I can tell, it's the smallest of MARS services.

I have friends in NAVMARCORMARS. As I have observed this service, they have always been on the forefront of exploring new modes and methods. Their leadership encouraged it.

In my opinion, ARMY and AF shut be absorbed and assimilated into NAVMARCORMARS, and the NAVMARCORMARS polices and procedure should supersede ARMY and AF ideals.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.
NT0A

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 10:01:10 AM »

My question is what happens to all the EMA offices and hospitals with a NavyMARS Winlink call...

That comes under the category of "TBA"
WD8DBY

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »

When I first started getting interested in MARS I applied to Army MARS but didn't hear anything back for several months so I then applied to Navy Marine Corp Mars.  After I went through the NAVMARCOR training and dropped my tango I got an acceptance from the Army, which I then dropped.

Is there a way I can get an Army net schedule for my area so I can check them out?

Please send me an email...I will send the info info to you.  paul.a.english.civ@mail.mil

v/r

Paul
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »

This is a short comment about the whole MARS deal...

I used to be an ARMY MARS member and got out because of the politics of the leadership which seemed to want to play games to advance themselves. I still have friends in ARMY MARS.

I have friends in AF MARS. Best I can tell, it's the smallest of MARS services.

I have friends in NAVMARCORMARS. As I have observed this service, they have always been on the forefront of exploring new modes and methods. Their leadership encouraged it.

In my opinion, ARMY and AF shut be absorbed and assimilated into NAVMARCORMARS, and the NAVMARCORMARS polices and procedure should supersede ARMY and AF ideals.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.
It might help the eventual outcome if you were to voice some of your concerns to senior DoD civilian folks at the Pentagon.
With what has been said in this thread so far, it seems [that] Army MARS might think it has the right prescription, but mass resignations, if accurate, is saying otherwise.

Poor leadership decisions drove me from Army MARS quite a while ago.  And, edicts such as elimination of personal comments on HF phone nets sounds like another grave mistake.

The idea of inviting existing tenured NMC members to apply to another branch is absurd.  It speaks volumes about what the MARS leadership doesn't know about morale.
KB9ZB

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 09:00:10 PM »

they will get a new call and will continue as before. very little will change as per chief navy mars. I talked to both bo chief navy mars and dave chief air force mars, both echoed the same theme. they will make sure all members and other stations will be able to continue as before
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 05:24:41 PM »

they will get a new call and will continue as before. very little will change as per chief navy mars. I talked to both bo chief navy mars and dave chief air force mars, both echoed the same theme. they will make sure all members and other stations will be able to continue as before
The NMC chief's message could have said that all members will be assigned new calls in whichever they choose to affiliate with......using an almost automatic process.  Or, perhaps the last thing the Chief NMC MARS could do for his folding organization.  But it didn't happen.

Active duty military who later decide to join another branch are given at least pay and rank credit for prior service.  The same should be the case with MARS.  It apparently won't be for MARS, from what his 0 Degree Kelvin message said.

Like I said above, its high time for DoD to remove service-specific branch designations.  Especially since all, except the AF's Phone Patch Net, now serve entities other than the military.  To a civilian organization, what difference does it make what branch provides support?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:29:16 PM by W6EM » Logged
KB9ZB

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 05:48:41 PM »

Each member can choose the service they Wisk, army or air force mars. We all will fill out the form, be issued a new call and be the same as all other members. Chief mars from each service said the same thing. They will simply transfer all navy mars into their own without additional stress.
Ron
NNN0VAG
N3ZH

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2015, 06:24:43 AM »

It appears applying for AFMARS is more complicated as there is no central office/person to apply to.  The application process is different depending upon which state one lives in.
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 06:28:49 AM »

It appears applying for AFMARS is more complicated as there is no central office/person to apply to.  The application process is different depending upon which state one lives in.

Could you expand on that a bit?  I am in Oregon, and just getting started in the move to AFMARS.

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
N3ZH

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2015, 06:43:00 AM »

www.afmars.org/   seems to be the National website based on the url name, but it is not the National website.

If you click on forms and try to apply it is only for the following States :

**IA IL IN MI MN MO NE OH or WI**

If one lives in a different state,  the application process is unknown.

It appears one must apply directly to your state Air Force Mars director.
Thus there are 49 wrong ways to apply, and only 1 correct way.

Lots of luck finding your state's AF SMD.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 06:52:23 AM by N3ZH » Logged
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2015, 07:01:23 AM »

www.afmars.org/   seems to be the National website based on the url name, but it is not the National website.

If you click on forms and try to apply it is only for the following States :

**IA IL IN MI MN MO NE OH or WI**

If one lives in a different state,  the application process is unknown.

It appears one must apply directly to your state Air Force Mars director.
Thus there are 49 wrong ways to apply, and only 1 correct way.

Lots of luck finding your state's AF SMD.

This sounds like fun...  Smiley Thank for the info sir!

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
NA4IT

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2015, 11:11:21 AM »

The NMC chief's message could have said that all members will be assigned new calls in whichever they choose to affiliate with......using an almost automatic process.  Or, perhaps the last thing the Chief NMC MARS could do for his folding organization.  But it didn't happen.

I would imagine it's not Chief NMC MARS fault, it's probably the Army & AF that wouldn't "automate" the process.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: