The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015 13 Colonies Special Event - 30 JUNE - 5 JULY, 2015  (Read 74898 times)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »

13 Colonies Special Event
INDEPENDENCE WEEK
30 JUNE - 5 JULY, 2015

CT-DE-GA-MA-MD-NC-NH-NJ-NY-PA-RI-SC-VA

2014 QSO Count!

2015 EVENT CERTIFICATE

The theme for 2015 is "Founders and Patriots of the Republic". The certificate is printed on heavy card stock. Stations working one state or, as many as all 13, are eligible for the certificate. A "Clean Sweep" indicator will be affixed, for those lucky enough to "Q" all 13. A special endorsement will be attached for stations contacting our sister operation, WM3PEN, in Philadelphia, PA.

Additionally U.S. Military Veterans, American Legion and NRA members will receive a special endorsement (please indicate on your log form).

EVENT TIMES

The colony stations will operate from Tuesday, June 30, 9:00 AM Eastern (1300 UTC) until Sunday Night, July 5th, 00:00 (Midnight) Eastern (0400 UTC July 6th).

FOR 2015
The 13 Colonies will have TWO sister events: Our old friends WM3PEN will participate from Philadelphia, PA, where independence was declared.

The 13 Colonies certificate have a Liberty Bell added for a contact with WM3PEN.

WM3PEN will be on D-STAR each evening from 7-11 PM Eastern Time. Click on the WM3PEN button below for details.

GB13COL will operate from Durham, England. Click on the GB13COL button below for details and QSL information.

SATELLITE STATIONS
We currently have only one satellite operator, from Maryland, this year.  Please check the website for additional stations.

The 13 Colonies Special Event is a not for profit event. All donations are used to fund the next years event, and to defray any expenses occured. All donations are used for operating costs, supplies, equipment, and 13 Colony Group initiatives. Donation is voluntary.

QRP Operation

The 13 Colonies Special Event enlisted one dedicated SSB/CW QRP operator for each state for the 2014 event and beyond. No special station requirements, except the operator must be a General class or higher. This will be a QRP to QRP operation only.
We want to give the low power QRP station a chance to get a 13 Colony States "Clean Sweep" endorsement on your certificate. We know the thrill of a QRP station breaking a pile up, but with 200+ QRO/and higher stations in a pile up, well, most of the times +/-5 watts just wont work.

If interested, contact KU2US via email. I am listed at QRZ. You must be located in one of the Colony States. NOTE: New York's QRP position is filled.

The 13 Colonies Special Event is a not for profit event. All donations are used to fund the next years event, and to defray any expenses occurred. All donations are used for operating costs, supplies, equipment, and 13 Colony Group initiatives. Donation is voluntary.
KA4AQM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:11:23 PM »

This is one of the Premier Special Events you can work each year.  The activity and participation this event creates is quite evident as the past years have shown. The certificates are top notch and the endorsements are worth the chase. The event runs long enough for most to achieve 100% contact with all 13 colonies. Please mark your calenders with the dates. I believe that once you start the chase it will be addictive. Lots of fun too. Good luck to all. See you in the chase!

Randy, KA4AQM
Chesapeake VA
AB1LT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:11:55 PM »

A very fun and patriotic event.  I did this my first year as a ham without using spotter sites (didn't know about them).  That made getting all 13 a real hunt! Grin
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:27:18 PM »

Is there any rhyme or reason to the callsigns and their respective state? 

K2A = NY (etc.)
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 10:10:43 PM »

Thanks to all the op.s who participated.  I was fortunate to work every Colony station including WM3PEN with the exception of GB13COL who I saw spotted on 17 & 20 but just could not pull out of the noise.

So far the only LoTW confirmations I have are K2E and K2K.  Will all the stations eventually do a LoTW upload of their QSO's? Being an ARRL event, it would be cool if the certificate could be confirmed and requested electronically like WAS or DXCC

73 Rob W9KEY
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 08:41:03 AM »

13 Colonies is not an ARRL event.
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 11:36:25 AM »

tks for the correction.  not sure how I mistook that it was... senior moment perhaps.  Undecided

update : I now have gotten LoTW confirmations for K2C (RI), K2E (DE) & K2K (NH) -- so that's good.   
i had not worked RI on 10 meters before this.
KD0PO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 01:47:45 PM »

I'm at a total loss to understand why some of the individual operators are sending me XX#XX/K2X  or just XX#XX eQSL requests?Huh

I'm in a semi rare county, but my Q was with the event station, not the op working the event...
WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2015, 07:14:06 AM »

Some logging programs were automatically uploading to eQSL, probably LoTW also.  This feature should have been disabled for the event.

WB4M

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »

Is there any rhyme or reason to the callsigns and their respective state?

K2A = NY (etc.)

Not that I can see, but it really doesn't matter.   I would have assigned the suffix letter in order of statehood; with DE being K2A,  PA would be K2B,  NJ as K2C, etc,  down through the 13th state of RI being K2M.   But perhaps that would be nitpicking Smiley
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:28 AM »

i was hoping there would be some rhyme or reason that escaped me, but as it was too hard to easily know what was what I finally broke down and used Excel to type out: 
K2A=NY   
K2B=VA
K2C=RI
K2D=CT
...etc.
 Smiley
WA2ONH

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »

I finally broke down and used Excel to type out: 
K2A=NY ...etc.

On the 13 Colonies website, the "Certificates/Logs" page had a PDF file to download
with all callsign/state combinations. Small file approx 60 kb at...

LINK: http://www.13colonies.info/CERTREQLOG.pdf

73 de WA2ONH   ... Charlie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is no shame in not knowing; The shame lies in not finding out"
N9KX

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 04:35:57 PM »

On the 13 Colonies website, the "Certificates/Logs" page had a PDF file to download
with all callsign/state combinations. Small file approx 60 kb at...

LINK: http://www.13colonies.info/CERTREQLOG.pdf

nice!  i should have looked harder.  on a side note, my WM3PEN QSO's were recently LoTW confirmed...
KJ4DHI

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 04:51:02 AM »

This was my first time participating in this event. I thought I had until Nov.1 to apply for my certificate. Yes, no, maybe so? At any rate I tried to apply electronically but couldn't get it to go through. HELP!!!!!
WA3PZO

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 10:13:42 AM »

You have until Nov 30. There is a form on-line to fill in, but you have to print and mail it in. There is also a pdf log form that you can print and fill in.

Complete instructions are here.

http://www.13colonies.info/CertRequests.htm
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: