The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moved to new home....how do I renew my license?  (Read 5659 times)
AB4JC

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:37:26 PM »

use to be you mailed in a 610.....now it seems (?) that it is done all on line.....guess I need some help...I simply can't figure out how to renew and change my home address....anyone show me a LINK I can follow to renew/update my license?Huh??
AG5BC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 08:37:02 PM »

Use the FCC's Universal Licensing System website. With a working login, you can modify your address.
http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=home

Since you're asking about how to do this, you probably haven't used ULS before and will need to register. To create a new set of login credentials, follow the instructions in the "Learn more" link under "New Users."
http://wireless.fcc.gov/uls/index.htm?job=about_getting_started
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 09:33:39 PM »

I can't post links from this phone. I see you have a FRN. .... The license manager page is pretty complete, takes you through most of the steps.
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 03:20:13 AM »

Also, don't try to renew your license now. It won't work because renewals are only granted during the 90 days prior to the expiration date of your current license which is in June of 2023. If you tie your address change to a renewal, the whole thing may get rejected.

Just file a license modification and wait until 24 March 2023 for the renewal.
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 06:43:16 AM »

Attend a VE session and fill out the NC-605-VE form to change your address and have the coordinator send it in with their session report.

...bill  nr4c
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

Attend a VE session and fill out the NC-605-VE form to change your address and have the coordinator send it in with their session report.

...bill  nr4c

Submitting a change-of-address or renewal request at an ARRL VE test session is free if you're an ARRL member, but it'll cost you $15 if you're not.  I don't know what other VECs charge. 
KF4CQR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

Go to this guy's web site.

http://alandove.com/static/2010/09/how-to-renew-your-ham-radio-license-for-free/

Jerry
AG5BC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »

I believe that I already said that a few entries earlier.  Wink

Look, if you can register for and post to eHam, you can use the ULS to update your license. It's that easy.

Brian
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »

I used the ULS to renew last week. It took all of about 5 minutes and it didn't cost anything. I checked the box to have the license mailed to me and I received the hard copy yesterday. The copy from the FCC is exactly the same as the one I printed on-line. It appears that they just print a copy the same as you can do on your own printer - no special paper, signatures or anything that I can see.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: