The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Noise Cancelling Microphone for Kenwood TM-V71  (Read 2922 times)
NZ5E

Ignore
« on: July 07, 2015, 01:17:33 PM »

I want to use a Kenwood TM-V71 in a noisy environment (helicopter).  Any suggestions for a noise cancelling microphone?

Thanks in advance,

Terry, NZ5E
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »

I use a David Clark H10-76 with an impedance adapter and switchbox.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Free space loss (dB) = 32.4 + 20 × log10d + 20 × log10 f
NZ5E

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 02:20:13 PM »

I use a David Clark H10-76 with an impedance adapter and switchbox.

I have been using Bluetooth with a Yaesu FTM-10R, BU-2 Bluetooth module, and Lightspeed Zulu.2 headset, which has a good noise cancelling boom mic.  I am wanting to change to a Kenwood TM-V71A and noise cancelling microphone to allow others in the helicopter to talk over the radio.  I can feed the audio from the V71A to the music jack on the audio controller for everyone to hear through their headsets.  I also prefer to only have my iPhone 6 Plus connected via Bluetooth to my headset.
NZ5E

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:43:14 PM »

With the stock microphone on the V71A, I received reports of barely being able to hear my voice over the noise of the helicopter.  I am now using an Astatic 636L with satisfactory results.  My audio is reported as at a slightly lower level and not as full as the stock microphone, but clear audio with very little background noise even with my door off the helicopter in flight.  I am going to stay with this setup for now.

An added bonus is that the 636L will also work as wired with a Kenwood TS-480 that I am going to use to play with a 6 meter 1/4λ whip for 6 meters and Hamsticks and a Texas Bugcatcher for 10 to 40 meter HF operation from the helicopter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: