Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone work J45PC and get a QSL Card Yet????  (Read 841 times)
K3NRX

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2002, 09:50:43 PM »

SV5 is desperately needed here.....the only other two qso's from SV5 I have are from 1990 and 1992....and those cards are not coming......Rudi, OM3PC was the op and Mgr.....Just curious if anyone received anything yet from this summer's operation from Rhodes.....

CUL
VP
KA3NRX
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 10:46:54 AM »

If you provide callsigns for your 1990 and 1992 SV5 contacts, someone might be able to help out on these, also.  As long as the logs are in someone's posession, there ought to be a way to get your QSL's.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 10:51:06 AM »

I am not so sure....I submitted QSLs and e-mails twice to SV5ADM and SV5TS, but no response out of either of them.....The problem is that I was unaware that SV5, more specifically, Rhodes, counted as a DXCC entity......Now ten years have lapsed and I am not getting any response from these guys, which is why I am kind of relying on the Slovak expedition from this summer......That's what I get for sleeping!....

VP
ROMEO X-RAY!!!!!

NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 11:33:22 PM »

Vince, you will probably get your card from OM3PC.  Mail to/from Slovakia is very reliable.  You also might try resending your card to SV5TS.  He does QSL.  I have one from him from a QSO August 2000, on 20m SSB.

GL/73 de Chuck NI0C
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2002, 07:45:44 AM »

Hi Chuck

If I mail again to SV5TS, it will be the third time...(third time the charm???)...First submission in March, second in August...If I get no response from either of the three SV5 Stations by the end of the month, I will resubmit...From now on, every time I work a new one, the card gets sent out the day of the QSO...(but again I did not know at the time that Rhodes counted as a separate entity).....I am not gonna sit on it any more....How's the mail direct to Rhodes???.....Probably not as reliable as say Slovakia from my perspective.....Either that, or these guys are ignoring my request or the return envelopes are getting lost on the flip flop......Would sending registered mail help?Huh.......Any suggestions, anyone?Huh

Vince P
KA3NRX
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 05:34:13 PM »

Here's a couple of suggestions.  I use registered mail very sparingly because of the expense.  I use it only for South America, Russia, Mongolia, and Tanzania.  I don't bother with the return receipt, because I feel it would only annoy the recipient.  Another thing to ask is how are you providing return postage?  Do you use mint stamps (such as from William Plum), IRC's, or do you use green stamps?  I've used all of the above, but lately I use green stamps.  If you use IRC's, you should use only the new ones (large variety that cost around $1.70).  If you use green stamps, be sure to send two or three, except to Canada where one is enough.  You should also use fresh clean dollar bills-- in some countries it is considered an insult to receive bills that are ragged, soiled, etc.  I read that VR2BG in Hong Kong wants only mint dollar bills because his bank will not accept used bills.  In the case of the Summer expedition, I'd sit tight and wait until early next year to resubmit.  Hope some of this helps, Vince.

GL/73  de Chuck  NI0C

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 06:20:36 PM »

As a rule , when I send dx cards off I include a self addressed envelpoe, and at least $1 for a station and a couple of bucks  or even $5 if it is a dxpedition to somewhere rare to help with the costs.

I always be sure to put USA on the return envelope, and never put a call sign on either envelope. Some places see a call sign and rip off the $ and throw the card away before it ever gets to the ham so NO CALL SIGNS ON THE ENVELOPES.  

I also put in a note that my friends kids collect stamps (which he does..) and they take them to school and talk about the country in show and tell.. this usually gets me a couple of extra cancelled stamps to boot , which the kids love.

I always write Thanks for the QSO on the back and sign my first name..to personalize it.  I get back 90 to 95 % of the cards I send direct and 2 or 3 % more in ther bureau.  I have a low rate of no sends.  But then again, I don't apply for awards , I just hang them on the shack wall.  good dx and 73  tom N6AJR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: