The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: September brings cooler temps, great football and TERRIFIC CONTEST!  (Read 18996 times)
AJ7G

Ignore
« on: September 01, 2015, 12:01:56 PM »

I'm glad to see September finally arrive!  After a slow contest start earlier this year, I'm anticipating a strong showing in the fall contest season with many major contest just around the corner.  May everyones contest logs be full and your scores be high.

73 Randy AJ7G
WA2AAR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:39:27 PM »

Hi Randy

All we need is more contesting. The come to the AM part of the band and mess up the
frequency. If there is a net on they will go as close to the frequency and splatter on to the net freq.
There should be a place for them to work contesting on the bands. And leave the hams alone that
want rag chew and be on the nets. You get on the air on a weekend and you hear "CQ CQ CONTEST" and now
there is another weekend shot to hell  I have been a ham for 42 years and the contesting is just getting
worse as the years go by. I think it is time to just cut them back a little.
I know there are going to be ham that agree and disagree with me but this is how I feel.

Bob

WA4DOU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »

While everyone understands your position (and the many like you), it seems appropriate to recognize that a variety of activities are engaged in on various bands, by a diverse group of your fellow amateurs. None of us are entitled to nor can reasonably expect that there will never be a disruption to our own activities. As an almost exclusive cw op, I find there are times when I retire from the classical bands and take refuge on the warc bands, or turn my attention to phone, or seek a corner in a contesting band, or go up to 6 meters, or indulge in some other activity such as returning to a building, repairing or troubleshooting endeavor. I fully recognize that the amateur bands are shared resources and can't be looked at as continuously available for my own personal satisfaction and entertainment. That's why many of us are not numbered among those incessantly complaining about contesting and contesters, even though we aren't personally involved with such. I hope you aren't offended by my directness, but will give it some consideration.
KG7CSS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 09:36:30 PM »

I be participating  in the  September VHF in the Portland Metro area contest as a rover with a twist. I do not have a car and  wan make to the mini maker faire. I going to kill birds with one stone and bring my HT. Besides Trimet is doing a free ride day. I try to hit  a few high points on the transit route.  
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 01:13:34 PM by KG7CSS » Logged
KG7CSS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »

Now I ma confused. What do I call myself for the VHF contest if I use an HT on the bus  in the same grid square.
K0BT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »

Now I ma confused. What do I call myself for the VHF contest if I use an HT on the bus  in the same grid square.

Unless you operate a silent mode, using an HT on a bus isn't a great way to be an ambassador for ham radio.  It's at least as annoying as someone using a cell phone or listening to their brand of music.  The people around you will not be as fascinated as you are with your exchanges...  Wink
KG7CSS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 02:02:09 PM »

Now I ma confused. What do I call myself for the VHF contest if I use an HT on the bus  in the same grid square.

Unless you operate a silent mode, using an HT on a bus isn't a great way to be an ambassador for ham radio.  It's at least as annoying as someone using a cell phone or listening to their brand of music.  The people around you will not be as fascinated as you are with your exchanges...  Wink

I have done so in the past. I even  operated on amrtak. I use my  ear piece with  microphone and make sure  the HT is away from others. Beside it more about operating  at or new the bus stop.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:35:48 AM by KG7CSS » Logged
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »

I'm glad to see September finally arrive!  After a slow contest start earlier this year, I'm anticipating a strong showing in the fall contest season with many major contest just around the corner.  May everyones contest logs be full and your scores be high.

73 Randy AJ7G

You can keep the football but I am glad to see the contest
season ramping up.
Cooler temps are OK, as summer HEAT sucks, but the thought of
SNOW, COLD Temps and purchasing KEROSENE for my
furnace just plain sucks.

Last time I checked, kerosene was at $ 3.75/gallon
Last season I used 450 gallons of kero.
AJ7G

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 03:35:50 AM »

Bill
With the fall classes being a little lighter I hope to bump into you during a few of the contests!  Have fun!

73 Randy AJ7G
KB3LIX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 01:29:30 PM »

Bill
With the fall classes being a little lighter I hope to bump into you during a few of the contests!  Have fun!

73 Randy AJ7G

Best of luck in the slugfests.

I'll be lookin for ya

N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 05:32:10 PM »

Cooler temps are OK, as summer HEAT sucks, but the thought of
SNOW, COLD Temps and purchasing KEROSENE for my
furnace just plain sucks.

Last time I checked, kerosene was at $ 3.75/gallon
Last season I used 450 gallons of kero.

You inconsiderate clod! I heat my house with 3cx1500A7's!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: