The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote control dx  (Read 2011 times)
W5WLB

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2003, 11:23:54 AM »

Scanning 17m this morning I thought I had found some good dx, nn2x/a9 in Bahrain.To my disappointment I discovered that he was in remote control of a station in Boston via the internet and a satellite so while physically in Bahrain his radio and antenna were in Boston which is not my idea of dx.This brings to mind all kinds of questions about an operation like this.Should the qsl card reflect the location of the transmitter and beam etc. ?I assume this would not be counted toward dxcc etc?
w5wlb
ootc
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2003, 05:52:17 PM »

I may be wrong, but I question the legality of the /A9 in the call sign since the actual transmitter is in the US. Also, the folks in A9 land are VERY stingy about handing out licenses to non-natives. I have a Navy friend who spent several months with 5th Fleet command there and he was denied a temporary license.

I wouldn't bother QSLing this operation at all. You sure didn't work any DX, any more than you would have in an internet chat room.

W4YA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 06:59:44 PM »

See DXCC rules on the ARRL web site. The station has to be in the entity. But, this is one way for the guy in A9 to make some on-the-air QSOs even though they won't count for anything. So,no harm done. He should not sign "/"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: