Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: when you change call signs do you have to start ov  (Read 679 times)
WD9ACQ

Ignore
« on: June 27, 2003, 10:56:15 AM »

Thinking about changing my call sign and was wondering about my DXCC award and others like WAS, WAC, etc. Do you retain your current counts or do you have to start over for DXCC?  And what about the other awards with the old call sign on that won't be your valid call??  I'm sure others have been thru this.  Had this call for about 27 years and thinking about getting a vanity call from the area that I now live in but really hesitant about changing.
W3HF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 01:26:34 PM »

I can't speak for all organizations, but most do recognize that sometimes, for very legitimate reasons, hams change callsigns. Look at a DXCC application, for example. One of the blanks to fill in is "Ex Calls," where you would put your former callsigns.

Many awards have geographic restrictions, so you can't work half of WAS from NY and the other half from CA, but callsign changes don't affect eligibility for most awards.

Steve
W3HF
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2003, 05:45:02 PM »

I've changed calls and locations many times.  All of my credits for all the awards have travelled with me regardless of call, award or location.
K5ACQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 06:35:15 AM »

Well......I did it and got this call on 22 july.  Took a while to get use to and had to really pay attention when signing my call.  Kept wanting to revert to the old one but that was just the first few weeks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: