About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TO4E  (Read 1343 times)
AC4RD

Ignore
« on: November 26, 2003, 09:06:27 AM »

Who is working TO4E?  I've been listening but haven't heard a whisper yet.  
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 11:48:34 AM »

I haven't heard them yet, either.  I think they are still setting up.  I heard that it is very hot and buggy there.  They should be there for a couple of weeks, so we should have time to pursue them.  Good luck!

73 de Chuck  NI0C
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 11:53:11 AM »

I just got my emailed copy of "QRZ DX" a little while ago and there's an update in the email saying the TO4E team has had some trouble with weather and getting their antennas up.  I've sure got my fingers crossed that all goes well for them!  :-) Looks like they'll be in the contest this weekend with a different callsign, TO4WW. --Ken AC4RD
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 12:28:24 PM »

I just did a Spot Database search for the DX call TO4E on the OH2W DX Summit site.  Discarding all of the bogus "test" spots, it looks like they have been on all the higher frequency bands (20, 17, 15, 12, and 10m) working mostly EU but also some NA.  The Europa gang has a nice web-site as well, and includes propagation charts by band and region, so you can check for times and bands that should be most productive for you.  (There is a link to their web-site from The DX Notebook site).

-73-
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 01:09:47 PM »

I just had a look at their website--you're right--very interesting and informative!  The address is:
  http://europa2003.free.fr/europa_2003-e.htm
Fingers crossed for good propagation!
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2003, 01:14:12 AM »

I've got my fingers crossed that the pileups thin out to a half way reasonable size - from "rediculous" to just "massive". Then I will jump in the fire. I'll also look for them during the gray line where there is some "selectivity". Of course, I hope they will be on the same workable frequencies during the most opportune times. Hands down, these are the biggest pileups I've ever heard. And I have heard a couple very good ops on CW. Good luck!   ;-}
ON4MGY

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2003, 08:06:42 AM »

This expedition looks like one big joke to me. Most of the time they are off-air because of energy problems. Why didn't they took a generator with them? When they are in the air, half-time they just want to work French stations. ONE BIG JOKE, but one that is costing a lot of hams a new one for DXCC!

73 ON4MGY Nic
N3ZKP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2003, 11:05:30 AM »

<< ONE BIG JOKE, but one that is costing a lot of hams a new one for DXCC! >>

And if they don't get it, the world will come to a flaming end! Right?

I like to chase DX (and no, I haven't worked TO4E - more important things to do right now) but it is not the driving force in the world.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 01:31:59 PM »

For West Coast DX-ers, 30M LP works very well. Their signal in and around 1500Z is very strong, and their CW op(s) are very very good. As soon as the op said "NA Only" it was very easy to work them.

This dx-pedition is like all others - there are constraints and its all part of the game. Take it seriously - but not too seriously.
W1RG

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2003, 11:48:43 AM »

It seems to me that we should be thankful that someone has taken the trouble to mount an expedition to Europa.  After all, this is a HOBBY, and getting several people together and assembling all the equipment is not a small matter.  Money and time.  And the transportation is probably even more difficult.  Many of their 'scheduled breaks' are for the French gov't to have a window for their own radio communications.

I've managed to get 5 contacts on 4 bands.  4 cw 1 ssb.  I listened for several hours to them work NA exclusively on 10 M a couple of days ago.  Everybody and their cat wants a contact.  They plan to be there for another 10 or 11 days.  

Hang in there.  You'll get 'em..

Gil, W1RG
K6SRZ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2003, 10:38:30 PM »

They are very loud on 30 M around West Coast sunrise.  The problem is they aren't there every morning, and when they start it's fairly late (1530-45 UTC) They go for less than 30 minutes.  Fortunately, I snagged them today.
VK6NU

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2003, 09:42:52 AM »

Just worked TO4E for a new one with 100 watts and 3 elm beam on 15 metres stuck on S/P Europe at the moment. Its an early Christmas present for me. I want to thank the guys for their effort. Remember DX-peditions are not always easy no matter how hard you try. First time I have ever heard any activity from Europa Is. Any activity is better than no activity.

Thanks guys for the effort. I'm happy you're there.

73 john
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: