The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hams that cause all the problems! LOL  (Read 38227 times)
WX7P

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2015, 10:55:07 AM »

The funny thing about jerks is that they never know they are one.

ROFLMAO -- well-played KJ3N, well-played!!!

You two can get married now. It's legal.

It's pretty clear you're buried in your closet, Station.
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2015, 11:17:24 AM »

It's pretty clear what you Island types are buried in.
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 07:07:36 AM »

Am I the only person that can tell that the bend in the indicating pointer would only be caused by being deflected to the LEFT?
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »

Am I the only person that can tell that the bend in the indicating pointer would only be caused by being deflected to the LEFT?
Maybe...

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
W0XX

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 08:38:43 AM »

Speaking of nonsense on the bands...whatever happened with the two ops that got fined the huge amounts?  I suspect nothing was ever paid out....license(s) still in force?

I read where one op out of Florida (not sure) paid a $3500 fine, but that seems odd he would even do that...wonder the difference in that scenario vs the other...what motivated that guy to pay up...

Interesting, but sure don't see much after the initial charges are issued...seems to fade away....or my perception is has....
PITSWL

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2015, 06:14:55 AM »

Speaking of nonsense on the bands...whatever happened with the two ops that got fined the huge amounts?  I suspect nothing was ever paid out....license(s) still in force?

I read where one op out of Florida (not sure) paid a $3500 fine, but that seems odd he would even do that...wonder the difference in that scenario vs the other...what motivated that guy to pay up...

The difference between an operator who pays a fine and the two griefers fined in July of 2014 is decency.

One may break the rules, but he has the decency to own up to it and pay the penalty, a penalty that he knows he's earned because he's violated rules that he agreed to when he applied for and accepted his amateur radio license.

These other two imagine, and have always imagined, that they're above the rules. And that to so great a degree that they've both concocted stories of being "victims" of a massive conspiracy - even though it's clear to anyone who has paid attention over the past 15 years that the time they've spent in the hobby has been about little more than troublemaking.

"Section 97.101(d) prohibits ALL amateur licensees from causing harmful interference, and does not provide ANY exception for interference caused to other amateurs whom the interferer believes have violated a Commission rule." - DA 16-877 at 17
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2015, 06:48:39 AM »

I think the sooner people realize this hobby like every other hobby is made up of the same people you meet on the street; the sooner they can move on and enjoy the hobby.
Consider this...  The average IQ is 100, that means that in a random sample, half the people involved in that sample have less than a 100 IQ...  Now consider Ham Radio... Smiley

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
KK4YDR

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2015, 11:16:03 AM »

"Tick Tock the Fcc will get you when it wants you on its own time and on its own terms" - Riley Hollingsworth!

Love it! Just wished the FCC moved faster.

I'm a General Class HF operator and let me tell you there have been many on 75 meters that made me question whether or not I want to continue at times. Then I found a really good group down on 3810lsb.
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »

"Tick Tock the Fcc will get you when it wants you on its own time and on its own terms" - Riley Hollingsworth!

Love it! Just wished the FCC moved faster.

I'm a General Class HF operator and let me tell you there have been many on 75 meters that made me question whether or not I want to continue at times. Then I found a really good group down on 3810lsb.

My main antenna for a while was a G5RV Lite, that I bought so I could work 75m. But after listening to it, I decided that 75m wasn't worth it. When the antenna bit the dust a few months ago, it was replaced with a G5RV Jr. that only covers 10-40m. Much cheaper, and I have a good reason not to venture below 7 Mhz.
K4DPK

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2015, 06:38:22 PM »

No matter who says it, it’s silly to make a sweeping statement like, “Extra Class ops cause all the problems”, or “Old-timers cause the trouble”.  That’s just more evidence that people are discussing things about which they have too little information.

Listen around before you begin passing out labels…..

I hear brand new Extras cursing, Technicians out of band, filthy-mouthed (new and old) Generals…..you name it.  You will, too, if you listen.

The tragedy is, nobody is going to do anything about it.  Why?  Because we play the same old blame game.  A blame placed is a problem solved.

That unfortunate you-tube clip lets a lot of the really bad offenders off the hook.

On top of that, when was the last time you saw an article in any ARRL publication about on-the-air behavior?  Has the ARRL ever taken a strong position on this?  If they’re “Advancing the art and science of radio since 1914”, why aren’t they helping when we have a problem? 

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk  1955
WA2ISE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:39 PM »

Consider this...  The average IQ is 100, that means that in a random sample, half the people involved in that sample have less than a 100 IQ...  Now consider Ham Radio... Smiley

Well, it does take a little smarts to pass the tests, so maybe the average ham IQ gets boosted to 107.   Huh   Grin
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2015, 01:11:58 PM »

...(edit)..  If they’re “Advancing the art and science of radio since 1914”, ...

you mean the "art & science" of getting people to pay to belong?
SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »

Main benefit of the ARRL is having one large cohesive voice.
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »

As a HF YL that is why I prefer to operate in digital modes. No catcalls or whistles that remind me of a bunch of drunken rednecks at a construction site.

(living in the south, owning an ATV and a rifle;  I am a redneck so I can say bad things about some of my people).

CW has an advantage in that the dots and dashes that do not have as much of an impact.

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
Free space loss (dB) = 32.4 + 20 × log10d + 20 × log10 f
WX7P

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2015, 06:38:25 AM »

In the final analysis, all this carping about 'bad operators' is just a lot of white noise.

Most complaints are about content of discussions which is not in our power (or our right) to control. If someone wants to make an ass out of themselves on the air, that's their prerogative. One can't (or shouldn't) do anything about it. If someone is playing music or jamming, that's the FCC's bailiwick. All the hand wringing, teeth gnashing and garment rending about bad ops accomplishes nothing.

There are a fair number of idiots in ham radio. I choose not to get my blood pressure raised listening to uninformed morons drone on and on. I accept the fact that it's their right to be idiots on the air even if I (in my infinite wisdom) think they are full of it. Engaging the stupid accomplishes nothing as does talking about it, so why bother?

Are we REALLY that collectively bored?

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: