The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't believe I missed......  (Read 7579 times)
AF5CC

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2015, 09:38:21 PM »

For those of you who ran the CW SS this weekend, was there an easy section you missed?  I didn't make a serious effort but made about 150 QSOs and 70 sections, and I missed-Michigan!  That's right-Michigan (or that state up north if you are an Ohio State fan).  How do you miss Michigan?  It is probably in the top 5 sections for population.
WA7PRC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:47:25 PM »

FWIW, MI is the eighth most populous. Reference: https://www.qrz.com/i/census.html
I didn't work at SS at all. I was just shy of 100 Qs (SO AB LP, unassisted) and only about half the sections... but, I DID work that other state North of OH.  Wink

vy 73 es gl,
Bryan WA7PRC
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 04:27:05 AM »

FWIW, MI is the eighth most populous. Reference: https://www.qrz.com/i/census.html
Ham population doesn't mean a thing.
California has the most licensees.
Yet, one year, I didn't get the San Francisco section.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 08:48:27 AM »

Ham population doesn't mean a thing.
California has the most licensees.
Yet, one year, I didn't get the San Francisco section.

But California also has been broken down into several sections, so I am sure that some of the sections are not as populous as some states-same for Texas, Florida, and New York.
K3TN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »

I operated the first 8 hours, remotely operating a very good station (W4AAW) and actually never worked UT! I also missed NT, but that isn't unusual. I was going for maximum points so didn't really about multipliers, but missing UT???

73 John K3TN

John K3TN
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 08:45:44 AM »

Not SS, but... my last state confirmed for 5BWAS? Michigan on 10M! Amazing isn't it?
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 10:18:32 AM »

I didn't have time to do the whole SS and knew in advance I wouldn't, but decided to try for 83/83 (83 contacts in 83 sections) for a sweep with only 83 QSOs.

MISSED IT.

Did operate 6-1/2 hours between Saturday and Sunday, obviously about 98% listening and tuning around.  No need to keep a computer log/dupe because when every contact is a new section, there can't be any dupes anyway.

My "I can't believe I missed it!" list includes RI, SC, SNJ, NNY, GTE, NE and WY.  My "I CAN believe I missed it!" list is NT.

I worked 75/75, running about 35W from a Century/21 which I just acquired last week but it's so easy to use the "learning curve" was about 30 seconds. Wink   But just rag chewing I work RI, SC, SNJ, NNY, NE, WY and GTE all the time.  I do not work NT all the time and rarely hear it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: