Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Want QSL card from PA3GSU  (Read 1686 times)
KD7ZVL

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2004, 07:30:18 PM »

Hello all,

I just made contact with PA3GSU on 17 meters, and I wish to get a QSL card from him.  He was telling people to QSL via bureau.  How do I find the bureau information?  I looked him up on QRZ.com, and I find his address, but no bureau info.  I am wondering if I can send it to him direct if I am willing to send IRC or green stamps?  I also know that direct would be much quicker the tben bureau, so I am willing to pay for postage.

Any Advice.

KW7KUD (formally KD7ZVL)
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 12:02:31 PM »

Yes, Etsan (or whatever his name is -- he has a thick accent!) is certainly very strong on 17m lately.  I worked him Wednesday night, and he was stronger than all the locals, here in Los Angeles.

I did hear him say, "via bureau," which *might* imply that his callbook address isn't any good -- although I didn't ask him (and also didn't care).

To avoid the incredibly lengthy process of going "via bureau" the whole route (which means ARRL outgoing bureau, to the Dutch incoming bureau, and then eventually to the station), you could bypass the outgoing bureau by sending your card in an envelope directly to the Dutch bureau.  I don't know how fast they work, but this would have to save several weeks.

Of course, you could try sending "direct," too.  If his address is correct on Buckmaster, etc, he'll get it a lot faster.  Or, you might just wait and work him again, and ask this question very specifically.

17's been in great shape the past few days, hope it lasts (probably won't)!  Last night found myself working into Slovenia and Hawaii at the same time...haven't heard that on 17 in a while.

Good luck!

WB2WIK/6

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 12:04:57 PM »

Oops, forgot to give you the Dutch bureau address, in case you wanted it:

DQB
PO Box 330
NL-6800 AH Arnhem
NETHERLANDS

WB2WIK/6
AB3BK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2004, 06:49:39 PM »

Ietsen sends a card to everyone.  He is on 17m alot.  Yours is probably on it's way via the bureau.  It usually takes about 4 months. Check out the ARRL website under "services", to find QSL information.

Dave
PA1A

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 01:34:31 AM »

PA3GSU will QSL all QSO's. Please just send you cards via the normal QSL-Buro There is no need to send direct.
N2TBI

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 05:23:30 PM »

PA3GSU isn't particularly hard to work on 17M
it seems he's ALWAYS on...

I'm not at all sure how his name is spelled but he pronounces it "Eaton"

I have worked him three or four times and have heard him several days every week since August.

Let me guess, you worked him on 18.135Mhz between 1300Z and 1500Z?

N2TBI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: