The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Diana 70 anniversary EME  (Read 14139 times)
W5KUB

Ignore
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »

On this week's live Amateur Radio Roundtable show (January 26th) we will have 2 segments. The first segment will be by Peter Meijers, AI4KM, the Chairman of Hamcation. He will be telling us all about Hamcation which is a very large hamfest located in Orlando, FL.  Our second segment will be by Jeff Harshman, N2LXM, and Martin Flynn, W2RWJ, giving us an update and all the detail of the recent Project Diana, 70th Anniversary special event. They made a number of contacts and demonstrations of EME celebrating the 70th anniversary of the first U.S. Army bouncing a signal off the moon.  Tune in to the show at W5KUB.COM this Tues Jan 26 at 8 PMCT (0200 UTC Wed). This show is also simulcast on international shortwave station WBCQ on 5110 Khz.
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 05:54:27 AM »

Oh, *#@*

I'm going to admit how old I am.

There was a Project Diana demonstration on the game show "I Got A Secret".  An Army sergeant was the propgram's guest in the New York studio.  He remotely keyed the transmitter at Fort Monmouth; I think the code was "One Short" for "Yes" and "One Long" for "No".

None of the panelists guessed the "secret".  But my father, who worked on radars as an engineer during WW II,  figured it out.

Any other OF's remember the demonstration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: