The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: N1MM Logger+ under wine  (Read 5139 times)
N0SQ

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:36:51 PM »

I've made some progress but work still needs to be done. I had to manually install mscore.dll v 4.0.41 into system32 under the .wine directory just to get it to try to launch. I think my current problem is getting .NET 4.0 installed. I don't know why it won't install now but I did get it installed earlier until I deleted .wine and started over. I have several versions of Windows running on virtualbox and the app works there but I'd like to free up disk space and run N1MM from wine. Has anyone had more success than me? I have been able to successfully install other ham apps in wine such as CQCOM and CQ100, though
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:45:36 PM »

it's been a mixed success when using:
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/n1mm-logger
the older version  did seem to work better, than the later versions do.

it's functional, but should work better.
KX4OM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 07:42:06 AM »

If you do get .Net running again, please post some details.

Tnx,
Ted, KX4OM
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 03:18:10 AM »

install .net 4.0
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/microsoft-net-framework-40

then install N1MM Logger Plus Full Install
http://n1mmplus.hamdocs.com/tiki-index.php?page=Full+Install

seems to work okay - emulate as win-7, rather than as win-xp

then in the prog - put your details into the config section.
K7EXJ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 09:12:41 AM »

I've tried this twice with no luck (Fedora and Ubuntu). But I did not try it with codeweavers. My next try was going to be in a VM (the computer I use has a license for Windows 7, luckily) but I prefer not going to Windows at all if possible.

73s de K7EXJ
Craig Smiley
N0SQ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 08:05:37 PM »

I got it to launch on wine 1.8 but the program doesn't see the com ports even though I'm a member of the dialout group and I did the ln -s /dev/ttyUSB1 COM2 for the radio interface. None of the Windows programs that I installed can see the COM ports but the Linux programs have no problem using them. When running the programs from the CLI, the output doesn't give a clue as to what is wrong.

I might try CodeWeavers just to see if it gives me a clue as to what is wrong but I'm not going to pay for it.
N0SQ

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 08:07:27 PM »

seems to work okay - emulate as win-7, rather than as win-xp

I've tried Win7 and Win10.
N0SQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »

I've tried this twice with no luck (Fedora and Ubuntu). But I did not try it with codeweavers. My next try was going to be in a VM (the computer I use has a license for Windows 7, luckily) but I prefer not going to Windows at all if possible.

I have licensed copies of Win7 and Win10 and have been using those as guests through virtualbox. But, that takes up too much disk space and I'd like to get rid of Windows.
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 06:03:26 AM »

I might try CodeWeavers just to see if it gives me a clue as to what is wrong but I'm not going to pay for it.

You've got licensed copies of Win7 and Win10,
& yet you won't support a small company from St. Paul, Minnesota  Huh

"CodeWeavers supports the concept of Free (Open Source) Software. We believe that the success of Free Software will bring forth new, exciting products and services. We also believe that Free Software provides viable models for corporate growth. That's been our sole business model since 2000.

To that end, we are the largest supporters of the Wine Project. We have returned all of the changes and improvements we've made to Wine back to the Wine Project. So, we walk the walk with respect to Open Source."

to my end - prefer to not use those products, from such a large international corporation,
and so will pay, what is quite a tiny amount - to this US based coding company.

N0SQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 06:14:24 PM »

You've got licensed copies of Win7 and Win10,
& yet you won't support a small company from St. Paul, Minnesota  Huh

"CodeWeavers supports the concept of Free (Open Source) Software. We believe that the success of Free Software will bring forth new, exciting products and services. We also believe that Free Software provides viable models for corporate growth. That's been our sole business model since 2000.

To that end, we are the largest supporters of the Wine Project. We have returned all of the changes and improvements we've made to Wine back to the Wine Project. So, we walk the walk with respect to Open Source."

to my end - prefer to not use those products, from such a large international corporation,
and so will pay, what is quite a tiny amount - to this US based coding company.

I was going to respond to this but it would only start a flame war. Inflammatory comments should be done in a private e-mail. Suffice it to say that I do contribute money from time to time even though I'm retired now. BTW, my computers came preloaded with Win7 - one was upgraded to Win10 for "free" on M$ "free" upgrade program. Not sure if I'll upgrade the other one.
VK6IS

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 07:04:07 PM »

there was no intention, to start a start a flame war. ..

but was trying to state that this small Minnesota based company,
deserves your support - that is all.

- maybe it wasn't worded too well.
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2016, 08:32:48 AM »

For several years I used an Ubuntu workstation, with Windows XP in a VirtualBox VM, and N1MM running on XP in the VirtualBox. It worked very well. I also extensively used MMTTY inside the VM and it worked very well.

I had no real success with N1MM inside Wine.

I understand not wanting to run Windows (either real or VM) but I did not have much success that way.

I extensively use N1MM (now N1MM+) and understand why you want to run it. It really is the best out there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: