The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with php. Any php users here that can help.  (Read 1754 times)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2016, 01:18:46 PM »

I have a table of items on an HTML page that has now grown so big that scrolling is needed.
I have been struggling trying to integrate a .js addon file into a table so that the top row stays visible at the top even as the table scrolls downward and the left column remains visible to the left when the user scrolls to left or right.   This addon works fine for the example files they provide but I cannot figure out how to integrate it into my own table.  php is not something that I use very often so my understanding of many of it's coding aspects is limited.

If you can help me please let me know

Thanks

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »

I write quite a bit of JavaScript myself. I haven't had a need to do table scrolling but I have had to implement some pretty off operations. For myself, I limit those solutions to HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. When I need an idea I usually go to google. That almost always finds something to help me at "http://stackoverflow.com/".

Making table data scroll vertically should be pretty straight forward. But making it scroll left and right at the same time, complicates things. While there may be some suggestions on the net that are JavaScript only, usually they try to do it all in CSS.

I don't have trouble writing in PHP, bu I don't think I would try writing this in PHP. With HTML, JavaScript, and CSS, everything is handled in the users browser. Once they load your web page they usually don't need anything else. But PHP is a server based language and would require continuous network access to do something. While it may be fairly simple operations, some visitors would be hopelessly bogged down and excessive network access could be costly to some user.

If you supply me with a copy of the HTML and the JavaScript add-on file, I will look at it to try and find the problem.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 02:33:08 PM »

Hi Martin

I am going to shoot you an email via your QRZ address.

Thanks
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 01:27:51 PM »

Martin did you get my email?

73s
Rob

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: