The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question(s) for owners of a HB-1B qrp radio  (Read 13377 times)
W4XXV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 01:37:17 PM »

If anyone has the modification instructions necessary for the HB-1B to use the internal battery, it would be greatly appreciated. The details are no longer available on the youkits.com website.

Can't wait to hit the trails with this thing!

--
Cam - W4XXV
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

The only draw back with that, is whatever you plug in, will go directly to the battery. I have the HB1B and did the mod. I'll see if I can find it.

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
AA5TB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2017, 10:54:04 AM »

I have what apparently is the HB-1B MK II Mod 2 version. It has a separate port for charging versus 12 V input. I picked it up used in April of 2014 for $200. I took it to Italy with me for a month and operated as I1/AA5TB. I had no problems at that time transporting it in my checked luggage. I kept my FCC license and a copy of the CEPT agreement with the rig just in case. Having the internal battery made it very easy to travel with. It might be a different story if you put it in carry on luggage. The rules seem to change a lot recently so don't take my word on any of this.

I had a blast operating it in Italy and at home. The only problem with mine is there seems to be almost no image rejection on 20 m. At night on my 20 m long inverted-L antenna WLO and other 4 MHz region station are pretty annoying.

Steve - AA5TB
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 09:47:35 PM »

If anyone has the modification instructions necessary for the HB-1B to use the internal battery, it would be greatly appreciated. The details are no longer available on the youkits.com website.

Can't wait to hit the trails with this thing!

--
Cam - W4XXV

I looked, I must have tossed it after the mod. Write to YouKits and ask them for the instructions...

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: