The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: qrz.com must be a member to comment anymore.  (Read 33965 times)
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2016, 06:12:52 AM »

Haven't heard too much whining as of late...so I have to assume the new "forum" is working out okie dokie now...

Hope things have settled down...

Is it still there? It isn't that important to me, so I stay away.

KJ3N

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2016, 09:52:16 AM »

Haven't heard too much whining as of late...so I have to assume the new "forum" is working out okie dokie now...
Or, we've given up trying to convince "manglement" of the error of their ways. Again.

I found out that they don't like reports of others breaking their rules. It's been suggested I visit other forums (I'm a member of several other ham & nonham forums).

Bryan WA7PRC

They generally take a dim view of people who try to get them to follow their own rules. Pointing out the constant hypocrisy of QRZ forum moderation just pisses them off.

Also, I'm guessing that you're reporting on paid subscribers. Paid subscribers nearly always get a pass on any rules violations. Those who don't pay, are dealt with rather swiftly for even a hint at rule violations.
W4AMP

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2016, 11:30:13 AM »

Don't know if there is an easy way to check but I have noticed more are not paying for renewals. I think the members only deal was a last ditch effort to get some money. I won't be renewing.
VE3JEC

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2016, 12:02:19 PM »

...snip...
Also, I'm guessing that you're reporting on paid subscribers. Paid subscribers nearly always get a pass on any rules violations. Those who don't pay, are dealt with rather swiftly for even a hint at rule violations.

Having Moderated on a couple forums, Some free and some subscribed. I was told by Admin that i should lighten up on the paid guys as that's how the bills are covered. To me if you can't follow the rules set forth then the issue needs attention. I had my fill and left. Many of the free places i haunt have much better manners respect among members.

I don't miss being a moderator its a thankless tiring Job.

Now I'm now saying that all paid places are bad i have been a long time member (paying) of a forum with a great group of car guys (paid not required, just help the bills). 
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2016, 07:43:38 AM »

They generally take a dim view of people who try to get them to follow their own rules. Pointing out the constant hypocrisy of QRZ forum moderation just pisses them off.

Spot on.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 07:56:32 AM by GM1FLQ » Logged
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »

Don't know if there is an easy way to check but I have noticed more are not paying for renewals.
Great.  Smiley
GM1FLQ

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2016, 08:13:24 AM »

...snip...

Having Moderated on a couple forums, Some free and some subscribed. I was told by Admin that i should lighten up on the paid guys as that's how the bills are covered. To me if you can't follow the rules set forth then the issue needs attention. I had my fill and left. Many of the free places i haunt have much better manners respect among members.

I don't miss being a moderator its a thankless tiring Job.

Now I'm now saying that all paid places are bad i have been a long time member (paying) of a forum with a great group of car guys (paid not required, just help the bills). 

You wouldn't last long with freddy boy over on QRZ.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: