The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K8M - King Midget MicroCar 70th Anniversary (Aug 11-14, 2016)  (Read 56262 times)
W8KVK

Ignore
« on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »

Aug 11-Aug 14, 0000Z-2359Z, K8M, Athens, OH. King Midget Radio Group.  Celebrating the 70th Anniversary of the King Midget MicroCar, invented in Athens Ohio in 1946 as the smallest American made street-legal motorcar. Operations planned for 20, 40, and 75/80 meters CW and SSB. QSL's and eQSL's. Free certificate by email. Details at
K8M.info
KAPT4560

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 06:51:05 AM »

A little more than a glorified golf cart, I remember the King Midget ads in the National Geographic magazines at the time. There actually was a couple running around on the streets in our area back in the '60's. I felt that they were more of an anti-big3 statement.
 When gasoline hit $4/gallon a few years ago, I was looking for an all-weather, street legal commuter vehicle. A motorcycle just wouldn't be feasible in rain and snow.
 There were a fleet of GEMs at a local state park for daily rental until the insurance company made it unaffordable for the park. GEM is now owned by Polaris.
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Electric_Motorcars
 Sadly, you would probably be the loser in a crash. Mass wins!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: