Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pileup Management" at it's BEST!  (Read 724 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« on: November 15, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »

Several days ago, I worked 6V7H in Senegal.  Today, I had the pleasure of working that station again. The YL who was the operator is KQ1F, Charlotte, and I gotta tell you, she is positively one of the best I have ever heard. On a very noisy band this afternoon,she never missed a beat, picking calls out of a huge and somewhat Rabid pile of US ops, she played the pile like a finely tuned violin. Firm, but friendly, she never missed a beat.  I honestly dont think anyone was cutting her any slack because she is a YL, and she really knew what she was doing. I listened to her work the pile for another 10 min. or so after my QSO.  It's a pleasure to hear someone who really knows what they are doing.  A lot of the "Old Timers" could learn a thing or two from this lady.  She is positively in the top 3 operators I have heard working phone. 73,  Gene
W3FJ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 05:48:10 PM »

I agree 100% with Gene, AF3Y, Charlotte has her act together. Many big DXpeditions could learn a few lessons for her operation procedures and I'm referring to her simplex operating protocol. 73, Mick
W3FJ

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 05:49:12 PM »

I agree 100% with Gene, AF3Y, Charlotte has her act together. Many big DXpeditions could learn a few lessons from her operation procedures and I'm referring to her simplex operating protocol. 73, Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: