The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote RF current?  (Read 4778 times)
N0URE

Ignore
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:51:16 AM »

I would like to measure RF current at my Hexbeam. I have space and feed line access at the tower top
of the crank-up tilt-over tower. Has anyone seen an WIFI reporting Watt or Current meter?

John
TI4/N0URE
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 01:32:27 AM »

I would like to measure RF current at my Hexbeam. I have space and feed line access at the tower top
of the crank-up tilt-over tower. Has anyone seen an WIFI reporting Watt or Current meter?

John
TI4/N0URE

Rather trivial to add a WiFi module to any micro controller based project and send data back to the mother ship. If you find a project that does what you want, the brains trust here should be able to help you get wifi up and running on whatever flavour of micro is used.
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 03:23:37 AM »

Rather trivial to add a WiFi module to any micro controller based project and send data back to the mother ship. If you find a project that does what you want, the brains trust here should be able to help you get wifi up and running on whatever flavour of micro is used.

Heh,

I had a Ubiquiti 2.4GHz wifi access point near my dipole.  Every time I started operating at 400 watts PEP, the induced current would trigger the factory reset procedure on the access point! 

So it might be trivial to add the WiFi module, but it might NOT be trivial to make the measurement, heh.

J.D. Mitchell - VK3BL / XU7AGA - http://vk3bl.wordpress.com
VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 04:44:43 AM »

Heh,

I had a Ubiquiti 2.4GHz wifi access point near my dipole.  Every time I started operating at 400 watts PEP, the induced current would trigger the factory reset procedure on the access point!  

So it might be trivial to add the WiFi module, but it might NOT be trivial to make the measurement, heh.

HAHA, this is true. I was only thinking of the software part of the equation. Putting a transmitter on your antenna of course might yield interesting results. The chances of overloading the RF sense circuitry would be rather high also, even with good shielding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: