The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T31T Bad Operator  (Read 9769 times)
ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »

If we are on the bandwagon about using up b/width on 30 what about the VK's that yak away on SSB?

The argument is they are legally allowed.

Well so are all the other callers to the DX stn.

Its not ideal, but that is the way the world is.

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

I was under the impression that the correct way to work a DX station was to listen, both on his frequency and the split frequency to find out who he is working, to get the pattern of his operating habits, if it was done correctly an existing QSO would have been heard and avoided, it's not rocket science, that's what I do, not to just spin the dial up one or two kHz and blast away without a care in the world.

ZL1BBW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 01:44:13 AM »

Having been able to hear the cacophony of callers for a few DXped's down this way, I am amazed they manage to pull anyone out of the heap.  Sad

ex MN Radio Officer, Portishead Radio GKA, BT Radio Amateur Morse Tester.  Licensed as G3YCP ZL1DAB, now taken over my father (sk) call as ZL1BBW.
OZ8AGB

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:43 AM »

I guess DXpeditions should restudy the DX code of conduct on the plane en route to the DX.
http://www.dx-code.org/DXpednew.html#check
 Cool
VK3TST

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 03:44:32 AM »

If we are on the bandwagon about using up b/width on 30 what about the VK's that yak away on SSB?

The argument is they are legally allowed.

Well so are all the other callers to the DX stn.

Its not ideal, but that is the way the world is.

Do you mean that VK stations are replying to CW stations using SSB? I've come across it rarely for non DX, but it does happen.

If you mean that VK stations ragchew on 30m SSB, it's really only 2.7kHz, it's not like the band is only 15kHz wide, and with bandwidth restrictions being dropped in various countries it'll happen a little more often around the world.

Also, it's not only that it's "legal" in Australia, the WIA specifically allows SSB on 10115 - 10140 in their bandplan, this is used like a bible by many VK operators and trust that the WIA has done the research so that they don't need to look up the band plans for every jurisdiction to make sure they aren't stepping on other's toes. And for the same reason, every few months someone complains about the weird noises or slow music around 7080, because the same bandplan does not mention JT65 at all at 7076, and then occasionally you'll get an argument saying they should move down to the digital segment. Oh, and the same bandplan has digital modes on 80m between 3620 - 3640, which is out of sync with many other countries.

I'm not defending the behaviour, and it is through ignorance, but it's not completely the fault of the operator.
VK3BL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 04:09:30 AM »

And does anyone think it is going to get any better? It needs education. Those throwing $$$ at these modern "DXers" without even checking their capabilities.

From the T31T QRZ Page:

We are going for a 6 weeks  trip to do radio activity and volunteer  help to the local T31 community, including Radio Emergency Communication System.

We will try to be on AIR from   Ocotber 4th 2016  (look for  T31T/mm week before to check propagation)

The residents don't have any type of communication with the rest of the world at this moment, and in case of any disaster or health problems, they can only count on themselves.

The team would like to make aware this is not a $100.000 trip as it does not need to be! We are not begging for any donation up front as travelling around the Pacific is not that expensive, contrary to what many teams suggest.

Our budget is ''packet-budget'' and is enough to do activations from very rare places.
If you think that people in other remote parts of the world can use your help please let us know.

It might be wise to fact check before resorting to slander. This is not Australian or American Politics.

Now, maybe they did the wrong thing to you, but at this stage who do you expect to care?  All of us get QRM'd from time to time as conditions change - why should we care if you did?

And the amount you whinge about it... talk about boy who cried wolf.

For gods sake, stop playing victim.  We're all victims, and we're all aggressors.  That's life.  I shouldn't have to point this out to you at your age.

I used to admire you for your column in AR magazine.  I even once had an enjoyable QSO with you on SSB Phone, and you inspired me to look more deeply into CW.  Now, I want to write to the WIA and let them know that I personally feel they shouldn't give a column to someone who is an international disgrace for QRMing DXPeditions INTENTIONALLY and ADMITTING IT.  And this isn't the first time you've done it. 

What a sad story, and there is only ONE person to blame for it.

I wasn't going to say anything, but given your CONSISTENT on air behavior reflects poorly on an international stage on VK operators, I really do feel the need to urge you to have a look in the mirror.  You may not like it, but at least I've had the guts to be up front to your face.

Now I know this thread has a few supportive messages, and to those I urge them to consider this: 
No one can prove T31T had any intention to cause harm/QRM to VK5EEE, however it is plain to see for EVERYONE that VK5EEE intended to cause QRM for T31T. 

AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME.

His actions reflect poorly on the entire community, especially VKs.  They CANNOT be encouraged.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 04:22:31 AM by VK3BL » Logged

J.D. Mitchell - VK3BL / XU7AGA - http://vk3bl.wordpress.com
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »

I was under the impression that the correct way to work a DX station was to listen, both on his frequency and the split frequency to find out who he is working, to get the pattern of his operating habits, if it was done correctly an existing QSO would have been heard and avoided, it's not rocket science, that's what I do, not to just spin the dial up one or two kHz and blast away without a care in the world.
Exactly. But not these days, many of them just spin the dial up an exact multiple of 1000Hz, and keep pressing their call sign button and watch their decoder in the hope of seeing their call sign come back. Zero beating with the last successful station, or better, slightly off, is not something those that will call endlessly for hours pushing their buttons will do. The rest of us are listen, listen, listen, then adjust accordingly, pounce, in the bag and away. I reckon the majority of these pile ups are no-hopers. Just power and buttons.

Long Live Real Human CW and wishing you many happy CW QSO - 77 - CW Forever

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 07:40:25 AM »

Having been able to hear the cacophony of callers for a few DXped's down this way, I am amazed they manage to pull anyone out of the heap.  Sad
It's made harder these days because the so-called DX pedos use SDR radios with filtering, where every CW signal then sounds the exact same. I don't reckon they use wide filters, AGC off, and the best filters between their ears.

Support CW and join CW clubs. QTT: FIST#1124, HSC#1437, UFT#728, RCWC#982, SKCC#15007, CWOPS#1714, 30CW#1,
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »

I guess DXpeditions should restudy the DX code of conduct on the plane en route to the DX.
http://www.dx-code.org/DXpednew.html#check
 Cool
Indeed! But they probably ignore that part and focus on the "If you have previously announced your frequencies, try to stick with them" and just say damn to all others, we'll clear them away. And maybe they just read the headlines of that code as in the next item on the list "You are the Boss and You are in Charge". I honestly think people get a power kick out of it, I've even heard VK6 stations doing some IOTA or something, and others too, without any pile up to begin with, calling and saying "UP" (unlimited/unspecified) and never managing to build up the pile up they seek, and still continue with split! I also won't embarass one P29 station who likes to call CQ and ignore all responses until he has built up a pile up. Little men behind rigs and keyboards wanting to be big boys and feel powerful and "in control"? Yep, it says "You are the boss and you are in charge" and I bet that goes to their little heads and not the small print that follows.

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 08:24:42 AM »

VK3BL: As to writing to the WIA don't waste your time, I resigned my membership of the WIA and at the same time stopped writing for the column. You clearly listen to too much rubbish on social media, like the crap from VK4FFAB above. Since you bring it up, here is why:

* WIA A Hijacked Organisation - http://www.vkcw.net/forum/t-1941653/wia-a-hijacked-organisation

* CW Today - why I resigned (and left the WIA) - http://www.vkcw.net/forum/t-1816526/cw-today

* VK7GN Slander: Anti-Contester Wins Oceania DX Contest Award - http://www.vkcw.net/forum/t-1941634/vk7gn-slander:anti-contester-wins-oceania-dx-contest-award

And, here you can read the CW Today as well as some of the comments received: http://www.vkcw.net/cwtoday

You quoted my comment: "Those throwing $$$ at these modern "DXers" without even checking their capabilities." and seemed to infer that this was aimed at T31T. It was not. It was a generalisation. If it does not apply to T31T, it applies to VP8LID and KP5 whatever.

Of course it is a valid point that I should not be attacking the Polish OMs who are doing at least a better DX pedo than the other $$$ pedos :-) and maybe I should not have used that "T31T Bad Operator" in the headline title of my post. In my view anyone sending "UP" is inviting unspecified/unlimited split, and this is irresponsible, and bad operating. I'm frustrated not with T31T specifically, but in general the fact that this split stuff is out of hand and is an all too frequent occurance of wiping out QSOs. See Jean 5T0JL https://www.qrz.com/db/5T0JL who is 88 years old, and does REAL DX (what we call real, is an honest report, and at least a name, that is how we did it back in the day, and that is why many of us get no kick out of a "5NN TU"), what he says about split. I get a lot of emails saying that DX peditions should be banned on 30m. Many are more radical than me in their views on the matter and many are more liberal. It is clear that the reason contests were banned on 30m, applies now even more so to split 5NN operations.

I concede that my post should not be perceived as an attack on any individual at T31T but a complaint: I do not know the circumstances that lead him to start creating a pile up on 10109 at 1103Z and whether he made any efforts to check the frequency, but I DO know that he kept saying only "UP" which, as in so many of these DX pedos, is irresponsible on such a narrow, secondary band. Unlimited/unspecified split I say should not be allowed on 30m, and many others, with far more experience, such as Jean 5T0JL even make good arguments for why it should be banned outright.

As to your other comments, bandwagons you are jumping on, I have never caused any "Deliberate QRM" to any DX Pedos no matter how many times a few may claim it. All the QRM was caused by Cops, who did not like that someone would call on the same frequency, or close to the frequency, of the DX using QSK, as it should be done on 30m. It wasn't me caused any QRM, it was others, who of course did not give their call signs, and fortunately I have the tapes to prove it. Assuming you are talking about the VK0EK allegations made by some DCW users in VK.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 09:05:43 AM by VK5EEE » Logged

VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 04:47:59 PM »

like the crap from VK4FFAB above.

If you took the time to read rather than rant on and on like a mad man, you would notice that my comments have been removed and I am attempting to remove myself from this discussion. Why you may ask? People do not need me pointing out the inconsistencies in your story and inflaming you to rant like an incoherent madman writing walls of text to prove a point that no one else really cares about, you are quite capable all on your own to rant like a lunatic for all and sundry to laugh at and everyone already thinks you are full of crap, so there is no need to prove the point.

Quote from: DX Code Of Conduct
I will respect my fellow radio amateurs and conduct myself so as to earn their respect.

In all my radio endeavors, this is one line by which i try and present myself both on and off air. And in today's Road Rage over nothing mentality there certainly needs to more 1940s attitude radio amateurs and less I'm a bonkers nut job. I mean calling DX'rs Pedophiles has to be an all time low, even for for your >9000 level of bat crap crazy. So I am choosing to be the former, because with you and your ilk there is no operating in good faith only ad hominem ad infinitum, so 73's and thanks for all the fish, I've seen enough of this clown car crash, I'm out.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 05:44:18 PM by VK4FFAB » Logged
VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 08:54:23 PM »

How funny VK4FFAB. You remove your comments because they claimed that I am lying about the times and frequencies of my QSOs and calls on 30m, and you said that they do not fit with the RBN, when they in fact fit perfectly. Thus you removed your hateful post, and it is funny that you can't take exposure and criticism of your bad actions, when you are the one who always initiates attacks against people and uses four letter words. As to your lame attempt to identify yourself with a part of the DX code, you do not live up to that. I still have Emails from the days when you would write to me with questions and comments regarding CW operations, where even though you did not and still don't know me well, you started using the F word in your correspondence. What civilised, cultured person would ever do that?! If you use it in friendly correspondence, as you do, then what about when you are hostile? Why do you keep inserting yourself into conversations where you are not welcome as you have nothing relevant to contribute, e.g. 30m is off limits to you. Then every time when you find you cannot achieve your objectives of showing off, distraction, derailing, defammation, you scaprer off tail between your legs. I think my previous comments about you and your crazy attempts to claim me to be a liar every time instead of asking a question first, shows you are ignorant, arrogant, and frankly an obnoxious person. Everyone has a right to start a thread when they are upset about something, as I have done here, but its rather unhelpful to join it and then try to pour fire on it and incite flames when you are both unqualified and incapable of contributing something positive to the discussion. I say good riddance. You are testimony to the failure of the amateur radio licensing system that has been reduced to allow anyone to obtain a license and go on air.

VK4FFAB

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 11:00:22 PM »

How funny VK4FFAB. You remove your comments because they claimed that I am lying about the times and frequencies of my QSOs and calls on 30m, and you said that they do not fit with the RBN, when they in fact fit perfectly. Thus you removed your hateful post, and it is funny that you can't take exposure and criticism of your bad actions, when you are the one who always initiates attacks against people and uses four letter words. As to your lame attempt to identify yourself with a part of the DX code, you do not live up to that. I still have Emails from the days when you would write to me with questions and comments regarding CW operations, where even though you did not and still don't know me well, you started using the F word in your correspondence. What civilised, cultured person would ever do that?! If you use it in friendly correspondence, as you do, then what about when you are hostile? Why do you keep inserting yourself into conversations where you are not welcome as you have nothing relevant to contribute, e.g. 30m is off limits to you. Then every time when you find you cannot achieve your objectives of showing off, distraction, derailing, defammation, you scaprer off tail between your legs. I think my previous comments about you and your crazy attempts to claim me to be a liar every time instead of asking a question first, shows you are ignorant, arrogant, and frankly an obnoxious person. Everyone has a right to start a thread when they are upset about something, as I have done here, but its rather unhelpful to join it and then try to pour fire on it and incite flames when you are both unqualified and incapable of contributing something positive to the discussion. I say good riddance. You are testimony to the failure of the amateur radio licensing system that has been reduced to allow anyone to obtain a license and go on air.

Or its a demonstration of self control. Anyway i got better things to do than reading the ad hominem attacks and Donald Trump defenses over and over. I'm out of here, 339 73 UP.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:09:47 PM by VK4FFAB » Logged
G4LNA

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 12:16:25 AM »

Lou, you have probably heard of the expression "Don't feed the troll"? I have done just that and used the ignore button, I've never used it on any forum before, but I'll make an exception on this one.

I don't mind being told I'm wrong, that's the other persons prerogative and their opinion, but when they start name calling, I class that as school ground bullying and rudeness of the highest order. I've never called that person any names so I don't expect it back.

VK5EEE

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 02:59:31 AM »

Lou, you have probably heard of the expression "Don't feed the troll"? I have done just that and used the ignore button, I've never used it on any forum before, but I'll make an exception on this one.

I don't mind being told I'm wrong, that's the other persons prerogative and their opinion, but when they start name calling, I class that as school ground bullying and rudeness of the highest order. I've never called that person any names so I don't expect it back.
I agree, neither do I, but indeed politely and respectfully. That button has been staring me in the face and just now used it also for the first time too. Now it nicely hides posts by said user. When you said there was an ignore button, I looked and looked and couldn't find it then suddenly noticed it -- typical of me not to notice the obvious! Thanks OM.

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: