The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: looking for Arduino Rtty code with usb or ps2 keyboard ,display and AD9850  (Read 3651 times)
KH2BR

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2016, 02:40:06 PM »

I have been looking all over the place for some Arduino code I can use for a new neat project.
My idea is an Arduino that will control frequency and send fsk (RTTY) to an AD9850 using a USB or PS2 keyboard. The output
would go to a small qrp amplifier and LPF. I want to use this method with my Icom IC-R71A receiver that is sitting and gathering dust. I dont know Arduino software coding.
I have seen lots of beacons, but they are quite limited.
Has anyone done this yet or know the existance of some code that may work?

KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:42:47 AM »

Any code you find will be hardware specific and would need to be adapted.  If you are not an Arduino programmer, this may be too big of a project for you.

For instance, here is the code for a different DDS that generates RTTY: http://www.george-smart.co.uk/wiki/Arduino_RTTY  You would need a means to check spectral purity of the RF output and may need to add filtering.

Adapting a PS2 keyboard to an Arduino can be done is several ways (software or hardware).  Displays can be parallel or serial, text or graphic.

Too many variables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: