The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you believe clowns on 3840?  (Read 14309 times)
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2016, 07:50:28 PM »

PLANKEYE:
If it's been going on longer than either of you can imagine and will go on longer than you will be alive why are you guys sideways about it?  Why even comment on it or other similarly absurd notions?         

OK, let me restate the obvious........

"WARNING: ENGAGE SENSE OF HUMOR BEFORE PROCEEDING"

Sheesh. Why do you do what you do? Why do any of us post on internet forums instead of actually making contacts on the RADIO? Why ask why? WHY???

Isn't there a whole thread devoted to WHY? Why ask why. Why are you asking me why? I simply wanted to clarify for the VE7, that should've been clear.

Maybe you should worry about that plank in your eye first?

Uh oh, forgot..."WARNING: ENGAGE SENSE OF HUMOR BEFORE PROCEEDING"  OK, now that we are all clear on that.............

Next!

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2016, 07:50:45 AM »

See what happens when you take away the code and invite all the good buddies on the channel?  Grin

Yeah, I'm blaming it on you  Angry Embarrassed  you know who you are too, don't ya

See, didn't take long at all. You're welcome

I see you have been around since 1996. I have been licensed since 1992. Yes, back in the "You passed a code test days to get on the HF Bands"

Well I can tell you that the crap on 80 meters has been going on since 1992, and for many years before that. 3.898 used to be a Cesspool back in those days.

Since I rarely venture above 3.755 I do not have to worry about the crap that goes on up the band.

People lay the lame on the lack of code testing but as I said that BS has been going on a long time before code testing was eliminated.

That junk has been going on since the mid 70's, it is not new by any stretch.  People used to get into yelling matches over net frequencies and were even heard to say hell and damn.

Having said that, the level of filth and debauchery that we hear now began around the mid to late 1980's so the code test had nothing to do with it.  The primary cause was the implementation of the VE program and the ability to purchase a license in some very poor rural areas by paying off a VE, no test required. 

Everyone knows this went on but no one will ever admit it.  It wasn't until the FCC realized the mistake when a few got caught that they re-organized the program rules to mitigate that loophole.

Unfortunately the majority of them got away with it.  So now we have a bunch of miscreants who obtained licenses in the 1980's who are said to have passed a 20 WPM code test and the FCC issued them a license when in reality they never took any test at all, written or code. 

Most of these artificial hams have been in the system for around 31 years now so they are looked upon as old timers even though they totally scammed the system.  So believe what you like but I lived in Florida in the 1970's and 80's and I remember hearing all about it.  Everyone in the ham community in the southern states knew it was going. 
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »

Sheesh. Why do you do what you do? Why do any of us post on internet forums instead of actually making contacts on the RADIO? Why ask why? WHY???

Isn't there a whole thread devoted to WHY? Why ask why. Why are you asking me why? I simply wanted to clarify for the VE7, that should've been clear.

Maybe you should worry about that plank in your eye first?

Uh oh, forgot..."WARNING: ENGAGE SENSE OF HUMOR BEFORE PROCEEDING"  OK, now that we are all clear on that.............

Next!

Alright you made some great points and I need to get my sense of humor back.  Good one about the Plank in your eye first?  Great post XM you used WHY almost as much as KTN uses WOW.  Just kidding!! Again you made some really insightful points.  My hat is off to you Sir..
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:22:40 PM by PLANKEYE » Logged
PLANKEYE

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2016, 10:10:46 AM »

That junk has been going on since the mid 70's, it is not new by any stretch.  People used to get into yelling matches over net frequencies and were even heard to say hell and damn.

Having said that, the level of filth and debauchery that we hear now began around the mid to late 1980's so the code test had nothing to do with it.  The primary cause was the implementation of the VE program and the ability to purchase a license in some very poor rural areas by paying off a VE, no test required. 

Everyone knows this went on but no one will ever admit it.  It wasn't until the FCC realized the mistake when a few got caught that they re-organized the program rules to mitigate that loophole.

Unfortunately the majority of them got away with it.  So now we have a bunch of miscreants who obtained licenses in the 1980's who are said to have passed a 20 WPM code test and the FCC issued them a license when in reality they never took any test at all, written or code. 

Most of these artificial hams have been in the system for around 31 years now so they are looked upon as old timers even though they totally scammed the system.  So believe what you like but I lived in Florida in the 1970's and 80's and I remember hearing all about it.  Everyone in the ham community in the southern states knew it was going. 

I did not know anything about this but it does make me ponder certain things I hear on the air from folks that claim they obtained their Extra Class from that era after reading your post.  Yes they are looked upon as old timers but they act like miscreants, if you ask them about CW they will boast about passing the 20 WPM exam but won't make a CW contact with you they always stay on phone.  I have asked several to work CW and they always have some excuse why they can't.  Like I said I didn't know anything about this but from what I have experienced on the air it certainly seems to fit exactly to what you claim.  WOW!!           
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2016, 02:41:15 PM »

XM you used WHY almost as much as KTN uses WOW.

Caught me! Uh oh, maybe I need some psychotropics now?  Grin

Yeah, getting sarcasm across adequately on this format requires extreme diligence and a college level grasp of the English language to pull it off properly, and I get lazy sometimes by relying on an emoticon to do the job properly.

The why thing was a parody of Mr. Rodgers, glad you caught that.

I can listen to 3.840, 7.255, 14.275 but it gets old real quick. As in boring. I guess I got over that mentality and never went back, but that isn't to say I can't, or won't, go there if it feels "necessary". It reminds me of CB back in the day, when it all went to hell. Kinda like the WARFA jammers; really? WTF is the deal with those guys?

I suppose I'm trying to be the better person in this later stage of life. Not always successful, though; I still have that severe allergic reaction to stupid. That's probably why I can't watch television.  Tongue

K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2016, 03:14:16 PM »

I am shocked this is not being blamed on cb radio. Wait it will.Wow
KTN's back.
Friggin' troll.
https://imgflip.com/i/18nw6w
KJ6ZOL

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »

This story reminds me of the early days of auto "smog testing" and mandatory auto insurance laws in California. We're talking 1990s. For a while, smog testing was all done manually, and the machine printed out your test results which you then showed to the DMV. Of course the machines were soon hacked and people could bribe smog check shops to get a fake printout. In the late 90s the DMV finally got the ability to send smog results directly from the shops to Sacramento. Same thing with auto insurance, people would buy fake policies, show the card to the DMV, then drop the policy. Finally the DMV had to set up electronic notification, so if you dropped your insurance the DMV immediately cancelled your registration and suspended your license.  Roll Eyes Angry If there's a loophole, people will find it.
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »

Wow. It has .  Wow
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2016, 08:34:40 PM »

Wow. Wow.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »

Wow. Wow.

Who knew someone could post wow 905 times and consider themselves relevant.

Wow indeed

WW7KE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

In a desperate effort to increase their revenue from new memberships, publication sales, and continued advertising in QST, isn't the ARRL itself is to blame for the erosion of amateur radio?  By lowering standards a higher percentage of cretins are now ensconced on the bands.  Since this has been discussed on these threads for years why do we continue be amazed at what is heard.  You just cant think of ham radio operators as gentlemen hobbyists anymore.  The ham radio that was is no more.   

This garbage has been occurring, not only on 75 but on other bands, since well before I was first licensed in 1970.  And that was "back in the good old days" when men were men, FCC regs had teeth and were enforced, and Extras had to pass a 20 wpm code test.

There never was a "ham radio that was."  There have been bad ops for as long as there's been ham radio, going back to the spark days.  But if you want to blame the Big Bad ARRL, then fine.  I'll just blame Obama, since he's responsible for everything bad that's happened on this planet since the Spanish Inquisition. Grin

He speaks fluent PSK31...  One QSO with him earns you 5BDXCC...  His Wouff Hong has two Wouffs... Hiram Percy Maxim called HIM "The Old Man..."  He is... The Most Interesting Ham In The World!
OH2FFY

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 12:21:01 AM »

''the ARRL itself is to blame for the erosion of amateur radio?  By lowering standards a higher percentage of cretins are now ensconced on the bands.''

I believe this too. , but of course it is not just the ARRL at fault as these same problems exist in countries where the ARRL doesn't have much influence.

As a general guide , countries which have the lowest testing standards , yet offer the greatest privileges , create bad radio operators.

I am not that old , but when I was young people of my generation were raised to understand that if you wanted something , you had to work hard for it.
So we applied ourselves to a goal , and after considerable effort and pain we met the requirements set to get what we wanted , and we got what we wanted.
Nothing was ever given to us , or made so simple it was essentially handed to us on a plate.

To get what we wanted , was hard work , so when we did get it (whatever it was) , we appreciated it , valued it , and cherished it.
It would be the last thing in our mind to disrespect what we had fought hard for.

Now days Ham radio tickets are seemingly handed out in Corn Flakes boxes ,, like green lantern decoder rings.
The result is that people do not appreciate it , or even respect the Ham Radio license.

Hell , I value my ticket so much that I have mine on the wall in a nice frame.
I am honored to have my ticket , because i had to bust my balls to get it.

Today Ham Radio is often promoted by clubs and leagues as , 'just a hobby' - a term which I find most insulting and devaluing of what ham Radio is meant to be , what it was , and the effort and work that I have put into it.

Many Hams blame QRM , poor sunspot activity , HOA restrictions , The Internet ,, and Cellphones as the cause of the decline of Ham Radio.
Hogwash !!!
It is the Hams that do not value what they have that are destroying ham Radio.
These 'just a hobby' Hams , often with low levels tickets , are not likely to become the next generation of Elmers.
They will not bring in new blood.
They will not stand up against the legal road blocks that the Ham Radio faces and break them down.
There is no life in many Hams , no true desire to keep it going.
They just consume it , like a leech sucking the blood out of a dying dog.

These types of Hams are CANCER , and we don't need them.

What Ham Radio REALLY needs is not easing of licensing  , but toughening it up.
Then perhaps we will get members with the strength and the gonads to work hard at it. , and in turn , create a good future.

But then , whats the point , after-all , it's just a hobby......

gregW:-)  OH2FFY
https://www.youtube.com/user/HamAndShortwaveRadio

SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2016, 06:34:34 AM »

WOW ! I can't believe that some of you people here think that the ARRL is responsible for all of the f...ing idiots that you hear on the radio nowadays. It's not the ARRLs fault at all. It's just the iodiotic people that are in our country and making it a mess nowadays. Wake up !
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:11:03 AM by SWMAN » Logged
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »

I agree. It's as if the move Idiocracy is really happening. Maybe the D students have taken over.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2016, 09:57:50 AM »

3840 = SNL for hams without cable TV.
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: