The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can you believe clowns on 3840?  (Read 14259 times)
KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2016, 10:48:49 PM »

I do notice that there are alot of crybabbies out here the same ones over and over. Making wild  accusations all the time either about me or other individuals give it a rest. Wow
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 10:53:19 PM by KC8KTN » Logged
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2016, 04:38:40 AM »

They bought their licenses and traded their CB rigs for ham rigs and brought their dirt with them.  They never had any intention of testing, it was too easy to just grease the palm of their good ol boy local VE.  The paperwork says they were tested but they weren't, they just scammed the FCC.
Ummm...the licensees I mentioned (reference the time frame) were tested BEFORE the inception of the VE program. I seriously doubt you'd have successfully bribed an FCC Examiner of the day, either.
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2016, 04:39:46 AM »

I do notice that there are alot of crybabbies out here the same ones over and over. Making wild  accusations all the time either about me or other individuals give it a rest. Wow
Ain't you got a billboard to put up, Slick?
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2016, 07:56:07 AM »

Ain't you got a billboard to put up, Slick?

Yeah KTN, and where's the winter glue? How does a billboard company operate that doesn't know what type of glue to stock for the cold weather? Or better yet, did you make up all this nonsense about a billboard for attention, and now just wish it would go away?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:59:04 AM by N0YXB » Logged
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »

They bought their licenses and traded their CB rigs for ham rigs and brought their dirt with them.  They never had any intention of testing, it was too easy to just grease the palm of their good ol boy local VE.  The paperwork says they were tested but they weren't, they just scammed the FCC.
Ummm...the licensees I mentioned (reference the time frame) were tested BEFORE the inception of the VE program. I seriously doubt you'd have successfully bribed an FCC Examiner of the day, either.

Tell you what Fred, I'll agree that there may have been a few who predate the original VE program.  I clearly remember when it was first implemented, and like any government program it was deeply flawed right out of the box.  I still remember around 1985, the sudden flood of stations from Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky, that started showing up on the bands and acting like total lids. It was well known in the south that the pay for play thing was going on and that it was a good not to say anything since some of those people were dangerous.

I also remember when, in about 1988, the FCC revamped the VE program after the shenanigans were brought to their attention.  Unfortunately they didn't have enough proof to do much since no one would dare say anything.  A few VE's were disciplined and some applicants were re-tested, but those were only the ones they could prove.  A large group got away with it and are still around today.

KC8KTN

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2016, 10:52:46 AM »

Wow.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2016, 07:12:11 PM »

There was a local FM station here for years that played polka music every night from 6  to 7.  When anyone complained the owner said that your radio had two knobs--on/off and tuning.  Use them.  For those that do not like what goes on at 3840, just turn the knob instead of getting all bent out of shape from it.  As other posters said it has been going on for a long time and won't change.  Only the individual members change as they vapor lock and are replaced by others.
Art
ND6M

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2016, 06:38:26 AM »

....  I still remember around 1985, the sudden flood of stations from Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky,..it was well known in the south that the pay for play thing was going on...
...  A few VE's were disciplined and some applicants were re-tested, but those were only the ones they could prove...

REALLY?  a vast underground conspiracy in just the "good ole boy" section of the country Shocked Shocked

If you had any PROOF of it, why don't you post it ?

the only PROVEN cases (that I know of) occurred in Puerto Rico and California
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiim5zVgb_QAhXp7IMKHeQCB98QqQIISjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtimes.com%2Farticles%2F186647%2F20161122%2Fgoogle-maps-can-now-help-you-steer-clear-of-black-friday-mobs-via-popular-times.htm&usg=AFQjCNHaXgMGo5NL3GzGMFcGrnocuuiCXg&bvm=bv.139782543,d.amc

the above happened in 1993, not "around" 1985.

The vast majority of VE's are honest and would NEVER consider fraudulent test documentation.
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2016, 06:36:31 PM »

Surprise Iam not getting blamed for this

Seriously.....aren't you already getting enough attention with your billboard thread?
KA4DPO

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »

....  I still remember around 1985, the sudden flood of stations from Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, and Kentucky,..it was well known in the south that the pay for play thing was going on...
...  A few VE's were disciplined and some applicants were re-tested, but those were only the ones they could prove...

REALLY?  a vast underground conspiracy in just the "good ole boy" section of the country Shocked Shocked

If you had any PROOF of it, why don't you post it ?

the only PROVEN cases (that I know of) occurred in Puerto Rico and California
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiim5zVgb_QAhXp7IMKHeQCB98QqQIISjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtimes.com%2Farticles%2F186647%2F20161122%2Fgoogle-maps-can-now-help-you-steer-clear-of-black-friday-mobs-via-popular-times.htm&usg=AFQjCNHaXgMGo5NL3GzGMFcGrnocuuiCXg&bvm=bv.139782543,d.amc

the above happened in 1993, not "around" 1985.

The vast majority of VE's are honest and would NEVER consider fraudulent test documentation.

That's right, the only proven cases.  It happened a lot, people are a lot more crooked than you give them credit for.
WZ7U

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2016, 09:48:16 PM »

Surprise Iam not getting blamed for this

Seriously.....aren't you already getting enough attention with your billboard thread?

It's not about you dude. This website does not exist to pleasure YOU. You just happen to be a tumorous wart upon it's derriere.

================================================
WZ7U ~ originating from CN86jc +/-

Yet another imperfect being created by THE perfect God. Thank you Jesus!
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: