The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLDigi and Win10  (Read 8141 times)
EI5GUB

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »

Hi is fldigi compatible with Windows 10,I had it working perfect but when I upgraded my computer to Win10 it now wont open when I click on icon and I cant download a new version,any ideas
K2QB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »

Fldigi runs fine under Win10. I upgraded my PC from Win 7 to 10 and had next to no issues with any of my programs. Fldigi works fine. When you say you can't download it, what happens?
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:33:22 PM »

I have been running Windows 10 for 11 months now and haven't had problems with Fligi, DXlab, HRD, etc. The only issue I had was that a couple of my USB to RS-232 converter cables (both Prolific) do not work. They work on XP.

Problems with Fldigi and Windows 10 were reported with version Fldigi 3.23.15-02 around October 15. The fix for the problem was to install version Fldigi 3.23.15-05, which had a fix for the issue. There is probably a newer version than that, but I haven't looked.

If you already have a newer version, you might try going to the Win-Fldigi Yahoo group at:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/win-fldigi

If you do go there, provide more information than you are providing here. Specify your rig, the Fldigi version, the computer and Windows 10 version. Plus anything else you might be running, like a virus scanner.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »

hi thanks for both replies,ok if I have the fldigi icon on my screen and I click on it to open and use it a blue ring will be beside it spinning but will then disappear and I'm back to square one,when I had the the computer upgraded to win 10 from win 7 in July fldigi was still on  screen but will now not open,also ive tried to download a new version but its hard to find a new one,my mate says its either that its not up to date for win 10 or has a corrupt file,thanks again
KC3AID

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 06:44:54 AM »

I don't run FLDigi but I have had the same symptoms with the Opera browser.  I unistalled it and then reinstalled it and it works now.  As far as prolific cables not working Miklor.com has a link to a backdated driver that may solve the problem.  I know it works for me with Chirp.
K7MEM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 10:23:26 AM »

hi thanks for both replies,ok if I have the fldigi icon on my screen and I click on it to open and use it a blue ring will be beside it spinning but will then disappear and I'm back to square one,when I had the the computer upgraded to win 10 from win 7 in July fldigi was still on  screen but will now not open,also ive tried to download a new version but its hard to find a new one,my mate says its either that its not up to date for win 10 or has a corrupt file,thanks again

Your mate is probably correct, you need to uninstall the old version and install the new version.

As for getting the latest version, the following was posted on the Fldigi Yahoo web site today. So this is the absolute latest information.

Quote from: W1HKJ url=https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/win-fldigi/conversations/messages/17009
To Source Forge:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/

and mirror:  http://www.w1hkj.com/files/fldigi/

73, David, W1HKJ

Date: Fri Nov 11 08:10:38 2016

Version 3.23.16
    * Maintenance release

N3FJP rounding
    * changed frequency conversion to avoid rounding
    * removed sendFreq response to a frequency change
      when N3FJP logger is xcvr controlling program

GPIO PTT
    * GPIOport not being saved to fldigi_def.xml configuration file.
      Corrected fluid file control functions.
    * Modified selection logic for all alternative PTT processes

lotw/eqsl interface
    * Enabled all EQSL and LoTW controls
      - data fields were not being stored in the database
    * Added interface to external tqsl binary
      - invokes tqsl with correct command line parameters
        to send logged QSO to LoTW.
    * Added verification of download LoTW and eQSL database
      files (adi) with fldigi internal database

Resident help
    * Add instructions in beginners.html document to assist user in
      downloading and installing the full html system
    * Modify Help / Online documentation ... menu item to access
      the local html help documents if present.

ARQ Client vector
    * Segmentation fault during ~Address(...) call during
      program exit while deleting vector of <ARQCLIENT>
      - changed to vector of <ARQCLIENT *>
        original code created each ARQCLIENT on the stack
        a very BAD design fault.
    * This seqmentation fault ONLY occurs when either FLARQ
      or FLAMP are being serviced as socket clients.

Rx Extract
    * Changed rx_extract_buff from C sz string to C++ string
      - changed all substring tests and references to C++
        string pointers
Beginners' Guide to Fldigi

Table of Contents
Of necessity, this Beginners' Guide contains only as much as you need to know to get started.
You should learn how to make best use of the program by reading the Online Documentation.
You can also access it from within the Fldigi program from the Help menu item.
You can install the entire html help system by downloading from Source Forge:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi-help.zip/download/
Unzip the downloaded file into the same folder as this document.
The menu item "Help / Online documentation…" will then open the local copy of the fldigi help system.

KC3AID,

Thanks for the pointer on the drivers. I have five USB to Serial Port converter cables. They are all different but they are all Prolific. Of the five, only two do not work. I have tried downloading older drivers. They tend to work, if the cable is plugged in when the system is booted, but fail to operate as PnP. But I will give Miklor.com a try.

Martin - K7MEM
http://www.k7mem.com
EI5GUB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »

hi thanks for all replies,i finally got it downloaded and set up and just need to learn all about RTTY now
W4KYR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 05:13:45 PM »

hi thanks for all replies,i finally got it downloaded and set up and just need to learn all about RTTY now

Some hams use MMTTY,  here is a demo of MMTTY with RTTY. I have never used MMTTY or done but other hams seem to like it.
Good Luck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgDkphHFMvA

The internet and cellphone networks are great until they go down, what then? Find out here. 
https://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php/topic,111948.0.html

Using Windows 98 For Packet...
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 01:55:26 PM »

Quote from: K7MEM
Thanks for the pointer on the drivers. I have five USB to Serial Port converter cables. They are all different but they are all Prolific. Of the five, only two do not work. I have tried downloading older drivers. They tend to work, if the cable is plugged in when the system is booted, but fail to operate as PnP. But I will give Miklor.com a try.
Prolific drivers are a well known problem with later versions of Windows. The "workarounds" were not reliable, for the minimal cost of replacing them with an FTDI chipset adapter, I just binned the old adapters and moved on.

73 Dave
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 02:49:32 PM »

Prolific drivers are a well known problem with later versions of Windows. The "workarounds" were not reliable, for the minimal cost of replacing them with an FTDI chipset adapter, I just binned the old adapters and moved on.

The problem is not really the driver but rather the hardware. It seem that there is a lot of pirated/cloned prolific chipsets out there and newer driver do not support them.

--------------------------------------
Ham since 1969....  Old School 20wpm REAL Extra Class..
K4XRA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 12:43:58 PM »

I'm still having problems with FLDIGI starting on my computer. It worked last October but after some Windows 10 updates it would not open when clicked on. I deleted the program and reinstalled three times but it still will not open.
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 02:25:21 AM »

I'm still having problems with FLDIGI starting on my computer. It worked last October but after some Windows 10 updates it would not open when clicked on. I deleted the program and reinstalled three times but it still will not open.
I'm running FLdigi on a Win10, 64 bit, PC. It has the latest updates from Microsoft.

Plenty of folks run Win 10 and FLdigi, it clearly can work. I guess you have tried installing/running the program as an administrator and installing it under C:\fldigi?

Mine is installed using the default FLdigi settings, I'm sure others will chip in with ideas too.

73 Dave
KC8Y

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

I'm kinda in the same boat.  Just acquired a new pc with window 10; my old pc has
W7 with FLdigi on it.

FLdigi works great on my old pc w/W7; BUT worried if I download the updated version of FLdigi will it work on my new pc w/W10 Huh?

Giving my old pc to a family member.

Ken KC8Y
G4AON

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 01:35:03 AM »

I'm kinda in the same boat.  Just acquired a new pc with window 10; my old pc has
W7 with FLdigi on it.

FLdigi works great on my old pc w/W7; BUT worried if I download the updated version of FLdigi will it work on my new pc w/W10 Huh?

Giving my old pc to a family member.

Ken KC8Y
My FLDigi wasn't the latest version, so I went onto SourceForge and downloaded 4.0.2, ran the standard install, it works fine on my Win 10 64 bit machine which is up to date as of today (19th April). No issues FLDigi is running fine here.

73 Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: