The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-7000 Video Out  (Read 1112 times)
N5WV

Ignore
« on: November 19, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »

I am trying to use my 2015 Ford Super Duty's LCD with my Icom IC-7000. I was using a portable 7 " LCD TV for the radio's video output and it worked fine. But I cannot get the radio to work with my truck's LCD even after having a NAV TV unit installed. I received a message from a mobile - portable member stating that being the Icom IC-7000 uses the older composite video scheme and my truck is a 2015 model they may not be compatible . The truck may require one of the newer video schemes. Has anyone ever successfully connected the video output of a Icom IC-7000 with the LCD of a 2014 or later Ford Super Duty with the large 7 " LCD using the trucks RCA input jacks located in the compartment atop the dash ?  Randy  N5WV       N5WV@Comcast.Net
N8YX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 04:29:34 AM »

Does your truck's Nav unit have an HDMI Aux input?

You can get a composite-to-HDMI adapter and connect it between the IC-7000 and the truck. Two minutes of searching online turned up numerous options.

I went the same way you did but my car didn't come with a Nav setup. A Kenwood DNX9980 fixed that. There are several Input ports available on it, including two composites. (One for a backup camera and the other for the radio.)

ETA: Check this product out. It has the advantage of unlocking a lot of features which are disabled when in motion: https://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 04:48:14 AM by N8YX » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: