The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How's CQ Magazine doing.  (Read 48723 times)
KK4GGL

Ignore
« on: December 05, 2016, 05:23:29 PM »

I just got a request from CQ. I let it drop a couple of years ago due to delivery issues. I'm considering renewing my subscription. How have they been doing lately?

Rick KK4GGL
K1ZJH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 06:15:30 PM »

I can not speak for their future viability, but I have been receiving issues every month, and mostly on the first or second day of the month. Advertising is very light, unfortunately.  They haven't cut back on pages or paper quality.
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »

I can not speak for their future viability, but I have been receiving issues every month, and mostly on the first or second day of the month. Advertising is very light, unfortunately.  They haven't cut back on pages or paper quality.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll pick up on the advertising to help with viability.

Rick KK4GGL
KE0CRP

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 02:48:16 PM »

I too have been regularly getting the issues.  No real delay on my end to speak of.  I enjoy the magazine and will keep mu subscription for now.
N4MU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 11:41:30 AM »

Been getting mine for last few months. Don't keep track of exact dates but it's been regular. No known delays since about this time last year. Articles are quite different than QST which is why I subscribed. Not to say QST is bad, just that CQ takes a different tack. Still don't see any biggees advertising...HRO, etc. Seems that CQ could make them an offer they shouldn't refuse. Not sure what the previous problems were. I'll renew in a couple years.
N6XJP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »

They deliver.  But I canceled my subscription last month.  It's nothing but contest results an I don't contest frequently.  Last issue I got was over 1/3 contest results.  When I questioned the editor via email he said that's what his readers want.  Not for me. 
KK4GGL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »

I tried 3 times to subscribe on their web site. All three times my session tied out. The third time I was really typing fast. Oh, well. I'll wait for a while, I guess.
Thanks to all that replied.

Rick KK4GGL
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 03:33:05 AM »

I tried 3 times to subscribe on their web site. All three times my session tied out. The third time I was really typing fast. Oh, well. I'll wait for a while, I guess.
Thanks to all that replied.

Not wasting my money. Cancelled and never received a refund. QRZ has a number of forum posts about them not paying their authors.

If you really want diversity of opinion, join RSGB and get RadCom like I did. Really great publication and very different from QST.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 12:41:50 PM »

Thats good to hear. So many people thought it was the end for them.  I would have really missed all of the annual competitions.

Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
N1CX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 04:09:34 PM »

I stopped at their booth in Boxboro in September, I asked specifically and they were very upbeat, things have been starting to work out for them. I put a archive cd set from them of Ham Radio magazines to support them.
AB8MA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 06:59:33 AM »

They are still sending out WAZ awards. Got mine yesterday. Smiley
VA3VF

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 07:55:36 PM »

I'll second that, however it feels more and more like they want to emulate QST. I'm not sure I'll renew my membership in both the RSGB and the ARRL.

73 de Vince, VA3VF

If you really want diversity of opinion, join RSGB and get RadCom like I did. Really great publication and very different from QST.
WD8DKB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 08:36:27 PM »

Hi Rick.  I just renewed my script to CQ. It is written a bit different than QST. Frankly, I like reading something reflecting a  2nd perspective. I enjoy both for different reasons. Kind of like different rigs in the same shack I suppose.

Have fun and enjoy whatever mag you subscribe to.   Max Cheesy

WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 03:30:33 AM »

Just reading the forums over at QRZ. It appears CQ having issues again. People have not received the January issue. Here we go again folks.

Well I mean here you go if you still have a CQ subscription. I replaced mine two years ago with an RSGB membership and RadCom is a great magazine.

If you still are considering a CQ subscription, buyer beware.
N9AOP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 10:10:57 AM »

Their digital version is always on time and the price is right if you catch a subscription when they have a sale.
Art
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: