Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QSL cards  (Read 632 times)
KB1GPG

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

I just got about 7 QSL cards in the mail from a Bureau. Some of these cards are from contacts several years ago. I want to send reply cards but have never done that before. How would I go about it? Is there an outgoing service you recommend that I could send a small number of cards to? I would like to do this as a one time thing rather than set up an account as these cards are the first I recieved in the 3 or 4 years I've done HF. These people took the time to send me cards I'd like to send replys. Thank you.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 01:16:57 PM »

If you are an ARRL member, you can send the cards through their "Out-going" bureau service.  Go to the ARRL site and click on "Services". You should make it from there with no problem.  73,  Gene
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »

10 Cards or less sent out for $1.50.  www.arrl.org

Gene
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:56:25 PM »

Or, if not an ARRL member, try WF5E.
KB1GPG

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

Thanks. I'm not an ARRL member so I'll look into WF5E. I just don't want to let it go, these people sent me cards so I think I should reply.

Thank you.
WO7R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:13:17 AM »

When you say "a bureau", which one?

If it is a "buro" like the 3905 Century Club, you can simply send the cards back to the same one you received them from, even DX.  You might need an alternate address, but it certainly is possible.

Check out the bureau from which you received them.  That might be cheapest of all.

If it was ARRL Incoming, then as a non-member, I agree tha WF5E would be the best bet.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 03:26:32 PM »

I'll go one further and ask who not support the bureau system by becoming a member of the 1st District incoming bureau? I'm the letter O manager for the 2nd district and I regularly send non-members for whom I have a bunch of cards-on-hand a "courtesy mailing," along with a note saying we have more here if you want to become a member. I love getting "thank you notes" and new memberships from casual ops who get the occasional card from DX stations.

Too bad you're not a league member, which would allow you to make use of the ARRL's outgoing bureau.

You can either send via WF5E, mail directly to the DX bureau from the country the cards originated or if there's an address on the card or on QRZ, just mail your card directly to the station. If you got a few cards from one bureau (say, for example, you got 3 from Germany), you could send replies to those three together in one envelope, directly to the DARC bureau for 94 cents.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
KB1GPG

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:22:27 AM »

I was surprised to get these cards and the letter that came with it said I have  credit on my account. I don't have an account with them but I will be sending a check and a thank you.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:03:50 AM »

Here's an idea for sending QSLs that I'd forgotten about completely in my earlier post. Global QSL. You pay for however many cards you want to send, upload an ADIF file and they send out regular custom-printed QSLs through the bureau system without you having to do anything else or be a league member. Your recipients get the cards through the bureau as usual.

If I'm not mistaken, they cost $12.50 for 100 cards (including distribution) and $99 for 1000 cards. I've never used them myself (since I'm a bureau volunteer), but they look like a pretty good deal IMHO. They're at www.globalqsl.com (no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
4X6UU

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 01:02:51 AM »

Yes, GlobalQsl is the best for you!!
You can subscribe for free to GlobalQsl, design a qsl-card and after buying credits, upload an adif file for those qsos you want to reply, or just manually feed them to the system.
The cards will be printed with the qso info on the back and sent to all IARU qsl-bureaus over the world.
www.GlobalQsl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: