The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The elecraft dilemna...  (Read 17947 times)
WB4TJH

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »

My K2 is a 300 serial number, one of the very first from 1999. It has been totally updated and is still perking along like new. This is the longest I have ever kept an HF transceiver. Build it yourself and you can take pride in it. My K2's receiver is still the most selective I have ever owned, and I have owned dozens of HF radios over the past 46 years as a ham.
W3WN

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2017, 08:24:32 AM »

Regarding the question of why the KX1 was discontinued, I found this information posted online...

#61148 Feb 10 10:09 PM

For those of you that may have missed it...
The KX1 has been discontinued by Elecraft. This is reported to be due to the fab house that was making the cases being out of business, and other houses would have charged too much in small quantities to make it economically feasible to continue production. Options and parts are still available from Elecraft.
Bruce N1RX
W7ASA

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2017, 07:28:53 AM »

No case - that's a shame, because I threw my case away and built my (former) KX-1 into a watertight, more field usable case.

Personally, I'd buy a KX-1 without case any day, if the price was right. The KX-1 is an excellent QRP rig, and a fair general coverage receiver.

73 de Ray  ..._  ._
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: